So, I'm having trouble putting crescendo / diminuendo. Everywhere I look it says to click on the note, and go Create > Line > Crescendo / Diminuendo. The sign appears but when I play it, it doesn't make a difference. Can anyone please help? Also, how do you change how soft/ loud a note is played?
I've never used Sibelius, but maybe the loud/soft dynamic just doesn't translate in the midi playback (assuming it is midi)
I Hate Sibelius, but from what i gather your only putting a crescendo/diminuendo on one note? Shouldnt you highlight a series of notes so that it can actually build up? Im not sure, i know, but that seems logical to me.

Or am i just rediculous?
Hmm although I wouldn't know how to check that , thanks anyway.

Edit: "I Hate Sibelius, but from what i gather your only putting a crescendo/diminuendo on one note? Shouldnt you highlight a series of notes so that it can actually build up? Im not sure, i know, but that seems logical to me.

Or am i just rediculous?"

Let me try that. Although all I want for now is for one note to fade gradually.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Nov 7, 2009,
What version of sibelius are you using? I know that on Sibelius 4, at school, crescendos and de-crescendos are not played back.
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
I have used transcribing programs before where you could add symbols like that for the sheet music when you print it, but it didn't actually make a difference in midi playback
I use Sibelius at school, I remember that I could get accelerando to work and some other terms but that was it. Having the same problem as you.

Sorry I didn't help much.