Hi,
I'm going to a guys house this afternoon to trade my vintage greenback cab versus his V30 cab.
What do you think is this a good deal?
My cab : london city vintage 70ies cab with original greenbacks, the speakers are in perfect condition, but the cab itself is in very bad shape and it kinda stinks.
His cab : marshall 1960 BV cab in very good shape from 2004.

I don't really like the sound of my cab because I need more bass and need a bit more punch, I also play in drop C and sometimes drop B in a sludge/post/doom band so sometimes I'm thinking I'm ruining my greenbacks this way.

So good deal?
Not really, I would get some money from him aswell as the V30 cab.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Not really, I would get some money from him aswell as the V30 cab.

How much should I ask than?
I thought that as well, but I don't really need any money at this time. I just need a new cab. And also, like I said these are great speakers, but my cab sucks, it's the heaviest cab ever made, the wheels don't spin right, it stinks and the handles can come of if you pull them hard enough.
Is it a 4x12 with the greenbacks because on Ebay a cab with Pre-roal celestion greenbacks are selling for £950 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x12%22-MARSHALL-CELESTION-1968-PRE-ROLA-G12M-GREENBACKS_W0QQitemZ120486780347QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091030?IMSfp=TL091030184004r9411

And 4x12 V30 cabs are only worth about £500, so I would ask for about £250 aswell as the cab
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I wouldn't do it.

Buy an empty cab, take the speakers out of the current one and load them into the empty cab. Your original Greenbacks are worth A LOT more than a modern production cab, especially a Marshall cab.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I wouldn't do it.

Buy an empty cab, take the speakers out of the current one and load them into the empty cab. Your original Greenbacks are worth A LOT more than a modern production cab, especially a Marshall cab.

i would say this^, except he doesn't like them... make some cash on the deal... and maybe rethink the whole thing? greenbacks are pretty damn sweet dude.
well its not a great deal...but it sounds like you're current gear isn't doing it for you. I'd either ask for cash on top of the trade...or just try to sell your cabinet and buy a cab with the speakers you want. But it sounds like V30s are the direction you need to be going.