Hi guys,
I have a old Behringer GM108 and the speaker has blown it in, and I was just wondering if I could plug a Epiphone So Cal50 4X12 (in my country its called a Legacy Hammerhead412) in to the headphone jack using a speaker cable. I know this sounds dumb but my Legacy Head is in the workshop so this is only temporary.

Cheers
It will work, but it will be very quiet. The speaker is looking for a much higher signal than the headphone output jack provides. That said, feel free to do it that way for now ... just make sure not to turn the amp up past 5 or so, because you could still blow it. And leave the dead speaker plugged in, so there's still a load on the amp.
Quote by S_L_A_S_H
Hi guys,
I have a old Behringer GM108 and the speaker has blown it in, and I was just wondering if I could plug a Epiphone So Cal50 4X12 (in my country its called a Legacy Hammerhead412) in to the headphone jack using a speaker cable. I know this sounds dumb but my Legacy Head is in the workshop so this is only temporary.

Cheers

is the behringer an open back amp?

you can take the wires off the speaker. (note the ohms, either on the speaker or in the manual, or online)

connect those wires to a 1/4" jack and plug them into the cab via a speaker cable. it'll work much better.

provided the ohms on the cab match or are adjustable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah just post back with questions. make sure you match ohms.

that sort of thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011