So i am thinking about joining the Australian Army as i cant find a job in my hometown. I have already done most of the paper work for it, I just have to do the physical test and then iam in. What does the pit think about it. do you have any similar stories?
Just don't get killed when you get put in service.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto

ill try my hardest not to get killed.
Lucky you.

I've been fortunate enough to find a decent job, but I had to do it out of neccessity to pay off the probation I've been on for 4 years now. If it wasn't for trouble with the law, I would've joined the USAF a looong time ago. Six more months and I'm done with it, then I can finally leave.

I'd rather join Australia's army anyway - you guys don't find a war to start every other day...
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Ylasto

Stunning advice there. Stunning.
Join the Russian army instead that way when they take over the world you dont have to die trying to kill people who cant die
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Yes. It will help you mature.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by 1avatar328
Join the Russian army instead that way when they take over the world you dont have to die trying to kill people who cant die

The russians arent going to take over the world.
Quote by Blow Me

I'd rather join Australia's army anyway - you guys don't find a war to start every other day...

We let you guys do it. Our national motto is something like "Whatever you want, we'll just tag along"
I think it's a bad idea. Many aspects of it sort of go against my philosophy of life...can't be arsed elaborating though.

I would say to you, why not think about joining, say, the fire service instead? The elements of physical and mental discipline are still there, and you'll likely be of much more use to your country. Probably see a lot more 'action' too.

Alternatively, if you'd rather do something else altogether, why not look elsewhere? Australia's a big country with many opportunities, why confine yourself to your hometown? Surely army service would also entail moving away?
Quote by Beserker
I think it's a bad idea. Many aspects of it sort of go against my philosophy of life...can't be arsed elaborating though.

I would say to you, why not think about joining, say, the fire service instead? The elements of physical and mental discipline are still there, and you'll likely be of much more use to your country. Probably see a lot more 'action' too.

Alternatively, if you'd rather do something else altogether, why not look elsewhere? Australia's a big country with many opportunities, why confine yourself to your hometown? Surely army service would also entail moving away?

thats actually what i want to do. I am getting sick of living here and i want to move away from here.
I think it's a good idea to be honest. But i'd look into where the Australian Army is currently operating in conflicts around the world.

I think being a fire fighter is a good idea... Alot of ex-service personnel go on to join the Fire Brigade.

If you have a caring family and are not sure about the conflicts why not speak to the Australian Navy and see what they can offer you.

Most Navies offer you a proper career.

What trade/job are you looking at joining the Army as?

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad.
Quote by Sailor-Jerry
I think it's a good idea to be honest. But i'd look into where the Australian Army is currently operating in conflicts around the world.

I think being a fire fighter is a good idea... Alot of ex-service personnel go on to join the Fire Brigade.

If you have a caring family and are not sure about the conflicts why not speak to the Australian Navy and see what they can offer you.

Most Navies offer you a proper career.

What trade/job are you looking at joining the Army as?

MP or armament fitter.
Quote by deathdrummer
thats actually what i want to do. I am getting sick of living here and i want to move away from here.

So do it. It sounds like you may want to use joining the army as a bit of a cop out, an easy way to get employment. So I would say, have a look around first, try to work towards what you'd really like to do. If it fails, you can fall back on the army, but at least you will have tried.
Ahh right...

Well as you said you want to get away from your home town...
I definatly suggest speaking to the Navy as both of those jobs are within the Navy.
But however will slightly differ from the Army.

And the Navy will take you to further a field countries which is also a bonus, along with it's not as dangerous...!

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad.
Good for you. Im currently in the process of joining the RN. Hopefully I'll go into pilot training, depending on the outcome of an eye sight + aptitute test. If not, I'm debating sub-surface warfare officer.
Quote by shmikeyboy
I was looking into joining the Roual Navy as a Submarine Warfare Officer, but then I broke my back, so that's out of the question now

Sorry to hear that mate, what happened?
Quote by shmikeyboy
<.<

>.>

*cough*fell off a swing at the top of it's swinging arc thingy*cough*

Wow, a broken back for something that insignificant.

Pretty harsh.
Quote by Go Square Go!
Wow, a broken back for something that insignificant.

Pretty harsh.

Tell me about it

but it's nearly fixed again, just no contact sports (ever) and now no Navy
Quote by shmikeyboy
Tell me about it

but it's nearly fixed again, just no contact sports (ever) and now no Navy

Well sorry to hear that. As for the contact sports part, you never know what might happen, mate! The body is an amazing thing. Best of luck