Hi Guys Im New to the forums. My name is ruairidh and i like the bass.

Okay i was wondering if you had any tips for me. I'm Currently playing a shit bass and am thinking of buying the Cort T34 Series, using a Boss GT-6B with it and a squire BP'15 amp with it. Got Any tips..?
Hi

I'd recommend getting a decent amp before you go upgrading your bass (and especially adding effects). A Squire P bass will sound better through a decent amp than a good bass through a Squire amp.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I agree with the above whole-heartedly. Get a better amp, then worry about a new bass and effects. I know you hate your bass, most people hate their first bass once they start being able to identify what they like in a bass. I hated my first bass, but I got a new amp before a new bass and I'm definitely glad I did, even if I have already replaced the amp again.
I like my first bass. it doesn't always sound quite right though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Going along with the side-conversation, I actually really like my first bass, so much that it wouldn't really feel like enough of an upgrade to be worth the money unless I got like an American Deluxe Jazz, or American Vintage Jazz '75.

On topic though, the amp is what makes most of the difference. A crappy amp is going to sound crappy no matter what, a good amp is going to sound way better, and a good amp with a good bass is going to sound even better.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
my first bass was a piece of poo... which i have defretted and am hoping to completely revamp once i get the monehz....

but yes, new amp first.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
I say upgrade your bass first. Who cares how good it sounds if you hate playing it?
Quote by Zycho
I say upgrade your bass first. Who cares how good it sounds if you hate playing it?

Well I suppose you have to decide what your priorities are. If you actually want to start sounding good then a new amp would be the better choice.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
Well I suppose you have to decide what your priorities are. If you actually want to start sounding good then a new amp would be the better choice.

Im Actually Pretty Happy with my Amp. Its Done Me Well but im looking for some thing lighter 24 frets and the T34 is pretty good. I Mean if telling you what i like to play would help then here goes i guess. I Like To Play; MUSE; RATM; Lost Prophets; Enter Shikari; Slipknot and somemore stuff i can't remember atm but if you have any other Tips for me im happy to listen.
Well, upgrading your amp, as previously stated will improve your sound a lot more then a new bass. How much exactly do you have to spend on said new bass or amp?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by iRude
Im Actually Pretty Happy with my Amp. Its Done Me Well but im looking for some thing lighter 24 frets and the T34 is pretty good. I Mean if telling you what i like to play would help then here goes i guess. I Like To Play; MUSE; RATM; Lost Prophets; Enter Shikari; Slipknot and somemore stuff i can't remember atm but if you have any other Tips for me im happy to listen.

HOLY RANDOM CAPITALS BATMAN
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
HOLY RANDOM CAPITALS BATMAN

Ha. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on that. :P
Change your bass first if you on't like it.

I think it will be better to change the amp but you don't like your bass so change it first ^^
I Had To Fix My Bass Today.
I Had To Solder the cables for the pickup back in plave and the wires on the bit that holds the jack plug also :P