Hey guys

I bought a used cabinet that I want to exchange for a different one in GC. Now I got a KILLER deal on the used one. 300 for what is usually a 750 dollar cab.

If I were to take it to GC and say it was mine and that I wanted to exchange it, would they think

"oh its 750 new so lets "rip this guy off" and give him 300"

Do you think that would work?
I don't see why it wouldn't....
the only way to find out is to try it. you might want to ring them up for an aprox quote before you bring it in though.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by SinSyringe
they usually dont give quotes unless they see it and also if they sell it for 300 used then theyre probably not gonna buy it for that much, but they might so just go ask

they dont sell it for 300 used. Some guy on craiglsit did. Guitarcenter sells it rediculously close to the new price when selling it used. They suck like that.
most places will try and give you about 40% of what they plan to resell it for tops. Just be careful.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
most places will try and give you about 40% of what they plan to resell it for tops. Just be careful.

Yeah, just be sure to not get yourself ripped off.
Anyway you slice it, selling to a store you are going to haemorrhage profits. I recommend selling it yourself if you really want to get something worth while out of the deal. eBay, Craigslist, classifieds etc. Then take the money you make and get a cabinet with it. Either that, or see if you can do a trade in of some kind where you trade cabinet for cabinet. I have no idea what GCs policy is on that kind of thing, but it's worth a shot if you have a specific cabinet in mind.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Anyway you slice it, selling to a store you are going to haemorrhage profits. I recommend selling it yourself if you really want to get something worth while out of the deal. eBay, Craigslist, classifieds etc. Then take the money you make and get a cabinet with it. Either that, or see if you can do a trade in of some kind where you trade cabinet for cabinet. I have no idea what GCs policy is on that kind of thing, but it's worth a shot if you have a specific cabinet in mind.
yeah, you can get some ridiculous profit if you put an auction up on eBay and a certain reserve.
It's generally just a bad idea to sell to a store unless you really need quick money. GC is especially bad. +1 to all the craigslist, ebay, ect. suggestions.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I have recently come to know several people who have worked for GC. Let's' just say their profit margins on used equipment are obscene. So if you get 30 - 40% of the original purchase price you are very lucky.