Im starting my HSC (Higher School Certificate, similar to SATs in America, basically my last year of high school) and for Music this term Ive chosen Rock as my topic.
We have to do 2 performances I'm not sure what to do since I've so heavily to into Metal...

Right now I'm thinking I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness and Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row but I don't think that these two songs live up the need to be "showy" for around 5 minutes of play.
My other pieces in the 2 coming terms will be 2 Opeth pieces followed 2 Children Of Bodom pieces.

Should I maybe choose something like Paradise City - Guns 'N' Roses?

Appreciate some help guys!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
I finished my hsc last year, dont worry too much about the classifications, rock is easy, metal falls under rock so you could argue that. What school do you go to? I played surfing with the alien by satch, master of puppets, crazy train and a neoclassical thing. Do crazy train
wow... sounds nothing like the sat's lol, sounds like actually fun, but yea, i think blinkfan is on the right page.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Alright, thats good.
I'm not exactly up to the standard of doing the incredibly widdly guitar solo in Crazy Train but I'll just stick with some Metal thats close to Rock like Maiden or Metallica.
Perhaps Orion?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Road to Nowhere by Ozzy Osbourne
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I did two Dream Theater instrumentals and the Spanish guitar version of Stairway to Heaven, except with an electric and slightly jazzy, I guess.

I'd reccomend doing the latter, actually, it's not particularly hard, and you can use rubato all over the place and slow down the hard bits and they'll think you're being incredibly expressive.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 7, 2009,
You should keep Youth Gone Wild, that song is just badass.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Steffen Schackinger pieces are always great for fun yet showy and technically advanced pieces. "City Lights" and "Perfect Waves" are basically standards for rock n' roll electric guitar performance exams. I'd like to get "City Lights" under my wing for a performance.
Kepp Youth Gone Wild, if only because it's a great song, more-so because my cousin was the drummer.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by KGB_INC
Kepp Youth Gone Wild, if only because it's a great song, more-so because my cousin was the drummer.

Your cousin was the drummer for Skid Row?
Quote by kenan6346
Your cousin was the drummer for Skid Row?

Distant, but yes. My mother's maiden name is Affuso. It's my grandfather's half-brother's son. I think. Something like that...

Ok, so I don't know the details exactly, but I know we are! lol
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by KGB_INC

NO FUCKING WAY
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by KGB_INC
Distant, but yes. My mother's maiden name is Affuso. It's my grandfather's half-brother's son. I think. Something like that...

Ok, so I don't know the details exactly, but I know we are! lol

lulz do you guys know each other or are you just distantly related and you never have had anything to do with each other? In any case, that's still pretty cool.