Poll: Is there something you are truly passionate about?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is there something you are truly passionate about?
Yes
64 78%
No
5 6%
Unsure
13 16%
Voters: 82.
"Passion" to me is an empty word that I put as a standard feature on CV's. As much as I like, for example, playing guitar, I'm not sure I would say that I'm "passionate" about playing. I can think of instances where I would become bored of the guitar, at least for a certain time. I would not say that "music is my life", although I'm sure a lot of people would (and do).

Same applies to my university course. When I was writing my uni application, the co-ordinator kept telling us how important it is to convey your passion about the subject. I was under the impression that you had to absolutely cream your jeans at the slightest mention of your area of interest to even stand a chance of getting a place at university. I can't really say I feel this way about studying.

Can any of you say that you are truly PASSIONATE about something?
Aye, silly words are silly. They make you sound too enthusiastic and over-willing to do this and that.

I'd just love to be honest and say something like, "I do love a good shit in the morning before watching some cartoons."
i agree that when i was writing my uni statement, passion (and words to it effect) became average words, but you cant not do it because everybody else is too. + i've still not got any offers yet hahaha :/
but yeahthe only thing im truly passionate about right now is my girlfriend
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by sashki
I oughtta get me some. Maybe they'll change my outlook on life.

it really did to me, now I really appreciate the simple things in life.

May the green undies bring you salvation
You like it
Wine, women and song.
Gear:
Buffet E13 Clarinet in Bb.
Canon 40D, Sigma 35 mm f/1.4 Art, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 L IS USM macro, Tamron 17-50 2.8, 50 mm 1.8.
Flickr
i would say that i'm pretty passionate about UK basketball (especially this year!!! ), dallas football and Jesus...

i'm such a winner...

edit: oh yeah, and metallica!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Last edited by joshua029 at Nov 7, 2009,
Guitar playing and getting into MI and furthering my music career from there. So music would be my passion.
I'm fairly obsessive about music and take it very very seriously, so i'd probably say I am passionate about it. I'll hopefully get to the point where i'm passionate about philanthropy, but i'm a poor 17 year old so that's much chance of that at the moment.
i think everyone gets bored with the things they love once in a while, just go try something else for a little bit and you'll love it the same when you come back to it.
Travelling and women I guess.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by bush_slayer_07
i think everyone gets bored with the things they love once in a while, just go try something else for a little bit and you'll love it the same when you come back to it.

It's not that I had a feeling which is now gone. It's something I could never relate to.

I could never practice guitar 10 hours a day. That would be a chore, and I'd quickly start to hate it. It would become a part of the obligatory daily routine that I was using the guitar to trying to get away from in the first place.
I'm truly passionate about playing guitar, making music, listening to music and engulfing myself in music.

Also, family, friends and maybe some political views. Also I'm slightly passionate about food.
There's nothing that I'm passionate about all the time, but there's always that day/hour/5 minutes when something is just amazing and makes me love life.
the groove and the family o mine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
theres a kid in my class named passion and im sure she gets hungry sometimes, so yes

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Women, Travelling and partying.
Quote by Rockstar12345