Finish: ??
Shape: J-Bass
Neck: Maple (hopefully)
Fretboard: Cherry/Rosewood...

So far I have:
Dr Parts Machine Heads
Dr Parts JPUB
Dr Parts JPUN
Dunlop 6100 Fret Wire(only one I could get at the time)
Partsland TM7-GD Endpin
All ordered from waltons.ie with useless customer service and no out of stock status - just disappointed with it overall...

Made another order from Thomann - should have it next week
3x Goldo 250k Pots
2x Gotoh Gurtpin Deluxe CH EP12c... :P
3x MEC erm chrome knurled knobs
Partsland Bridge (4 String)
Goldo NT443 Nut
Harley Benton VALUESTRINGS :P (045 Medium)

Yep all the cheapest stuffs :P

Pics to come next week
I'd avoid the cheap bridge and make sure to have nice pickups.

and for a cheap easy finish, why not getting a tung oil? that's the easiest, cheapest, and one of the most loved finishing methods ever.

the fretboard will be cheaper if you just get an extra pice outta the neck wood.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ermm too late for the bridge & PuPs :P Can always upgrade the PuPs :P
My bridge cost about E10... whats the risk of using it?

And Im most likely gonna oil it :P ...we'll see :P

And I just remembered Im gonna have to spend more moneys on wood... yaay :S
Hmmm mahogony neck...? :P
just sound quality. and may buzz or cause dead notes.

and if you want to be deep and nice sounding, wenge is the usual standby. mahogany makes for weak necks.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Hmmm I dunno - not too keen on spending more money heheh....

BTW This is my first build... and Bass :P
the best and cheapest is maple then. that body will provide enough low end without the fancy wood.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

How much money can you use?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Well my Bday is like next week so a good bit I suppose - but Im saving to get a new HDD and a laptop so Im not too keen on spending too much money on the bass...
You've got most of the stuff anyway now, so there wouldnt be much else to spend, just on smaller, less important things...
Does it offend you, yeah?
Ive tried to upload some pics a few times and something always seems to go wrong but anyways
Just a few pics.... The body is almost complete now

More pics to follow soon
All in good time... whenever I get some spare cash - having no job sucks and Im still waiting on my mats for neck & FB...
I'd definitely go with a natural finish, that wood had some sexy grain on it.
That's the plan Those pics don't do it justice...
Can anyone give me any tips on how to make the neck because i still have no idea :S ....
Yaay got the wood today
Walnut for the FB and Maple for the neck
However, stupidly of me I gave the wrong measurments for the neck and now its too small so I have to order it again

More pics form today

Last edited by Clodex at Mar 15, 2010,
Quote by Kcintlob
I'd definitely go with a natural finish, that wood had some sexy grain on it.

I totally agree with that - some of the straightest grain I've seen on a bit of wood.
The neck isn't too hard though don't make the mistake I did and round it before milling out the truss rod slot - that made things iffy. Atm I'm using a nick bit of rock maple in my current build and a simple spokeshave and scrapers come up with a nice finish - though chiselling the joint between the head and neck was a pain. other than that I'm not sure how to answer that questions - you worried about the shaping or perhaps the joint to the body?

EDIT: meant to say that the pick-up slots are nice and clean well done mate.
That Mad English Child 0.o
Gear: -
Fender Stratocaster
Les Paul custom
Washburn Force 4
Rickenbacker 4003
Self-hand made Electric guitar
Self-hand made Bass
and a rubbish acoustic =)
Last edited by kaino denio at Mar 15, 2010,
Quote by kaino denio
I totally agree with that - some of the straightest grain I've seen on a bit of wood.
The neck isn't too hard though don't make the mistake I did and round it before milling out the truss rod slot - that made things iffy. Atm I'm using a nick bit of rock maple in my current build and a simple spokeshave and scrapers come up with a nice finish - though chiselling the joint between the head and neck was a pain. other than that I'm not sure how to answer that questions - you worried about the shaping or perhaps the joint to the body?

EDIT: meant to say that the pick-up slots are nice and clean well done mate.

Thanks Erm yeah Im just not sure how Im gonna shape the neck - and I have no clue about the truss rod. I actually don't have one and Ive seen it somewhere how to make one so Ill guess ill have to do that...