Page 1 of 6
Since Nu-Metal and Modern Rock got merged there's been no band threads in here from the nu-metal forum. So, I thought I would start this thread about one of my favorite bands, the Deftones.

White Pony is the best album, followed by Adrenaline, then Around the Fur, and Saturday Night Wrists.
Amazing when I saw them at Reading this year gone. Made what was otherwise a predominantly crap festival for me.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by frnzd
Amazing when I saw them at Reading this year gone. Made what was otherwise a predominantly crap festival for me.

Yeah, I heard they were amazing and Chino was skinny again.
Deftones are awesome. 'bout time they had they're own thread. I agree that White Pony is the best. Awesome album.
Gotta love me some Deftones. Nothing like blazing and some Engine No. 9.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You missed out the album deftones. And the writst isnt plural in SNW.

My favourite rock band at the moment (and by rock, I mean guitars, bass, drums and vocalist). All their albums are great. I'd probably rank adrenaline a fair bit below the others though. I mean Around the fur may be my favourite, but SNW is so awesome too (and has so many killer tracks), as is White Pony and Deftones.

Favourite songs at the moment are probably Riviere and Around the fur. Riviere is just hauntingly beautiful and around the fur just has such a riff.
I don't really understand why people rank Adrenaline so low in the Deftones' best albums.
IMO, it's one of the staples of nu-metal.
My favorite album by them is self-titled... I like them all, mostly because they're so different and yet totally recognizable. White Pony sounds different than Around the Fur, Deftones sounds different than White Pony etc etc

Favorite songs are Hexagram, Be Quiet And Drive, Knife Party, Kimdracula, and Good Morning Beautiful.
Don't know. I know they are raising money for him, but whether he wakes up is a different story. They said they were postponing (read: cancelling eros) cause they felt it didn't represent them or some jazz, and that it had nothing to do with chi's condition, but I'm calling bullshit.
Last edited by btones at Dec 15, 2009,
Deftones is a good band because they combine many elements in their music.Songs have atmosphere also.I have every album from them except "Around the Fur".
I recently got Around the Fur and Adrenaline(yesterday). I haven't listened to Around the Fur yet, but Adrenaline is amazing so far. Nosebleed is my favorite song from it.

I don't even know how to describe these guys music anymore. I want to say nu-metal, but the way the album is produced, idk. Distortion is at the max, Chino is screaming and stuff, but it all feels so suppressed. Gives it a very original feel.
World tour February? Rumour?
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
I hope it's a true world tour, I'd love to see them here in New Zealand.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Quote by StringAssassin
I don't really understand why people rank Adrenaline so low in the Deftones' best albums.
IMO, it's one of the staples of nu-metal.

I think it's due to it being basically a lesser version of Around the fur. Personally I love Adrenaline, but it's the only album i've heard every song off of but from what i;ve heard ATF if very similar. And the distortion gets overwhelming at times. But i think it's an amazing album.
Knife Party is the best Deftones songs.
Should've been on AtF or Adrenaline. Would've been so much heavier.
Oh good, a wholly separate Deftones thread
I really enjoy My Own Summer, it's always the song I play for warm up on guitar. They tend to use alot of chorus effect in their songs though....which is fine, it just sucks because my chorus pedal battery is always sapped of power when I run it through the FX loop on my amp
Oh and did Chino damage his voice? Heard from someone that he had surgery for a paralyzed vocal cord...
I've not posted in a Deftones thread before, so I assume this is the right one.

Diamond Eyes is a fantastic album, it's already one of my favourites, although that might just be the novelty of a new album... I'll give it a few days to sink in atleast.

I got hold of it yesterday. I'm definantly buying a copy when it's released to make up for the ''special'' way I aqquired it yesterday.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by StringAssassin
Leaks are bad things.
EDIT: but Rocket Skates was tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I totally agree, bands do lose a lot of money though leaks, unfortunately.
I am buying a copy to make up for it as soon as I can though.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I also got the album the "special way." My god it's freaking awesome. Damn heavy and may be the most consistent album the deftones have made.
Will be buying this when it's released
I'm waiting and buying the album. It'll be way more satisfying when I get it that way.

I am absolutely loving both Rocket Skates and Diamond Eyes though. ****ing epic songs.
"Pink Maggit" is their best song. The second half of that album is so killer.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
hey guys new here, caught a bunch of diamond eyes songs on youtube and covered em, tabbed 5 of the new songs as well, dont know where yall will find the tabs, maybe on my profile when they "clear"? like i said new here, but love the deftones and thought i would contribute as much as i could, so there you go. btw heres my youtube channel, 135 covers so far, 30some of which are deftones, love em!

http://www.youtube.com/user/wasitthat?feature=mhw4
Can't wait for those tabs, and I which I had an 8 string to play these songs with.
Gonna suck to tune down that low on a 6 string.
Quote by StringAssassin
Can't wait for those tabs, and I which I had an 8 string to play these songs with.
Gonna suck to tune down that low on a 6 string.

not all of their songs are performed on an eight string you know. some are on seven AND six, six string tuned to either drop c# or drop c.
I don't know.
The songs on Diamonds Eye are in 8-String Standard and they sound pretty low for a standard tuning. I know Steph played 6 strings up until White Pony.
Quote by StringAssassin
I don't know.
The songs on Diamonds Eye are in 8-String Standard and they sound pretty low for a standard tuning. I know Steph played 6 strings up until White Pony.

All of White Pony he was playing a six string,
the 2003 self titled album Deftones" includes "Minerva" (at least Chino plays a six, don't know about Stef) and "Battle-axe" (Chino play a six while Stef plays a seven). Maybe other songs but I dont know.
On Saturday Night Wrist, I'm only sure of one song and thats "Riviere".
Now from what I can tell, there are at least three songs on Diamond Eyes played on a six string, "Royal", "Beauty School" and "Sextape". I know he now has an eight string, but I would imagine with Chino now playing more and more songs on guitar, that they would still incorporate the six string guitar in many of their songs.

Here are some of the tabs I posted, I'm not assuming that im correct in his tuning or which guitar hes using, but in most cases it would only seem logical the way I set em up...
meh, I won't end up with enough money to go to the summer festival I wanted to go this year. And deftones are supposed to be there! :-/

I'm planning to go to a deftones concert anyway, does anybody know who's the "special guest" they are touring with? (european tour)