Page 2 of 6
I'm not sure why but I didn't enjoy Rocket Skates very much. I have high hopes for the rest of the album, though. Anyone with the leak care to tell me how it is?
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Amazing.
It takes everything they've been doing right since White Pony and triples it.
The lyrical themes are different though, not like angry but more at peace.
All I can really say right now.
Hey guys, I'm a pretty big Deftones fan and I'm seeking for some advice. I really wanna see them live, and the closest date announced so far is in Grand Rapids, MI. That's about a 6 hour drive from where I live, Toronto. Should I go to this show or wait hoping they'd announce tour dates in Canada?
I've checked the current announced tour dates and it looks like they're heading over to Europe in June.
Are they gonna announce a world tour for Diamond Eyes??
Quote by Floyd93
I'm not sure why but I didn't enjoy Rocket Skates very much. I have high hopes for the rest of the album, though. Anyone with the leak care to tell me how it is?

I had to see it live to really get into Rocket Skates. Saw them yesterday and they were effing SICK. Chino is skinny again and he was jumping and running off all the amps and whatnot and still managed to really deliver vocally. They played four songs from their new album and personally, I think Diamond Eyes may compete with White Pony....nothing short of perfection. Oh yeah, and Sergio Vega is hilarious, I swear he never stopped smiling through the entire show
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Looks like I'll have to order Diamond Eyes online. I looked everywhere for it yesterday and the good record store in this town didn't even know when it was being released here (see ya later Everyman Records!) so I've got no choice.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
I know the Hastings store here got their shipment a day late and I didn't get it when I went in to buy it.
New album is ****ing amazing! about time they got back to their roots with better production!
"We carry death out of the village!"
New album is awesome, favourite tracks so far are cmd/ctrl and prince
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
You've seen the butcher is the best track on the album!

who torrents albums these days? blogspot that bitty
"We carry death out of the village!"
I really like Deftones self title album... I love "needles and pins", "The Passenger" and "Kimdracula"

I have heard a few songs from their new album and I think rocket skates sounds good so I think the rest of the album will also sound pretty good...

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
For some reason, the title 'Rocket Skates' gives me the mental image of Chino zooming uncontrollably through a packed crowd frantically windmilling his arms while strapped to a pair of....you guessed it....rocket skates. Seems to match the frantic/intense vibe I get from the song.
Apart from the title track, though, Prince and Sextape are my favorite songs from Diamond Eyes so far
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Well I finally got it in the mail today, a week after release, and what can I say? It's surpassed all my expectations. All these songs make sweet sweet love to your ears. You can feel the drums in your gut, the bass is deliciously deep and smooth, the guitars crunch and grind in all the right places and the vocals seem to find their own appropriate space in each song. I think I'll need to listen to it through headphones to pick up a lot of Frank's contributions though.
There's some really innovative stuff here and I can't wait for it all to sink in.

I don't know if I've said this yet but, SICK album cover.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
yeah from what I hear... the new album sounds good... its catchy and fresh... and I love those lyrics "You are red soaking wet"

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
I've only got White Pony at the moment and I think it's awesome, love Back to School and My Own Summer too, but I think everyone does. I ordered a copy of Diamond Eyes yesterdy so hopefuly that'll be as awesome as everyone says it is.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 10, 2010,
Diamond Eyes is easily one of my favorite albums now. Every song on it is incredible and the album itself is smooth and cohesive, not exactly experimental like their last album but not too over the top. I would have to say this is definitely up there with White Pony. Great album everyone should go out there and get a copy its well worth it.
One interesting band. They find their own routes to success, i never see them get promotion by their record label or anything. Their fanbase must be very loyal.
FOR SALE, PM me offers!:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifer - 9/10 Condition
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cabinet - 9/10 Condition
Jerry Cantrell Wah - 10/10
Dimebag Wah - 9/10

7-STRING/ERG LEGION.
Hexagram and Bored are my favourites by far. Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away), Root and Engine No.9 are also pretty damn good. They sound very Korn-like on their first album (Don't go hatin', they are the same genre after all).
Only bad thing is a lot of their early stuff sounds the same... I guess i'll be able to tell the differences when i've heard the song more.
Beauty School or Risk have to be the best songs on the album.
Can't wait for Chi to get better to see him playing these great songs with the rest of the guys. Listening to White Pony and Diamond Eyes in surround makes me really appreciate how great the production is on these albums.
Diamond Eyes was so surprising. I just came across it one day, D/Led it and wow, wayyyyy better than Saturday Night Wrist. Chino's vocals are back to form. The title track is catchy as hell and still heavy, Beauty School, CMD/CTRL, Rocket Skates, Sextape (which should have been longer!) Risk were all great tracks.

This is tied with White Pony for me.
THREAD REVIVE BECAUSE DEFTONES ARE FUCKING AMAZING
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
So is Engine No. 9 supposed to be about anything or he is just spouting out random BS that fits with the music?

It's one of my favorite songs but it feels weird not knowing what the fuck he's talking about.
Seein them Nov 13th. Leeds. Kick arse. Saw em DL 2010. I came

White Pony >= Diamond Eyes > Adrenaline > Around the Fur > Deftones > Saturday Night Wrist.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by JonnyH
White Pony >= Diamond Eyes > Adrenaline > Around the Fur > Deftones > Saturday Night Wrist.
Move Diamond Eyes below Around the Fur and I agree.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Move Diamond Eyes below Around the Fur and I agree.

Dude Diamond Eyes is such an amazing album. Its something I've not really heard from an album before and to say the album was made in 3 weeks....
I Like Orange......

I saw them last night in Texas and they were f**king amazing.
Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Sextape
...Birthmark
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Diamond Eyes
Hexagram
Minerva
Prince
You've Seen the Butcher
Risk
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Lotion
Engine No. 9
7 Words
Encore: Headup

edit: oh yeah. White Pony > Diamond Eyes >= Around the Fur > Saturday Night Wrist > Adrenaline.
Hardest thing I've ever had to do.
Last edited by hippogasmo at Oct 19, 2010,
Quote by hippogasmo
I saw them last night in Texas and they were f**king amazing.
Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Sextape
...Birthmark
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Diamond Eyes
Hexagram
Minerva
Prince
You've Seen the Butcher
Risk
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Lotion
Engine No. 9
7 Words
Encore: Headup

edit: oh yeah. White Pony > Diamond Eyes >= Around the Fur > Saturday Night Wrist > Adrenaline.
Hardest thing I've ever had to do.

That is a set list and a half.

If I got anything like that in Leeds, i'd cream.
I Like Orange......

I'm probably alone in this, but I actually really hate the "WORSHIP PLEEEEHHHH PLEH WORSHIP PLEHH WORSHIP etc." parts of Hexagram.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I think they could be better if they were actually screamed.

Also, I'm pretty much the only person here who likes saturday night wrist and deftones above the other albums...

not that they're all bad, but I get a way bigger kick out them. They don't have Be Quiet and Drive though, so that's a -
Last edited by btones at Oct 30, 2010,
Saturday Night Wrist deserves more love
Quote by btones

Also, I'm pretty much the only person here who likes saturday night wrist and deftones above the other albums...

Fuck yeah man!
I don't see why everyone under-rates Saturday night wrist and s/t so often... They are musical quite different, both experimental in some ways and mature. White pony is my favorite album, I guess I find it their darkest and most cohesive album, you can tell that those songs are meant to be on that record together, but self titled would be a close second for me.
Saw these guys in Melbourne on Monday they were amazing, I last saw them in 2003 !!!! And they're live performances have improved so much since then.. Stef's eight string is probably the best sounding live guitar I've ever heard.
Speaking of which I was looking up some specs for Stef's axes, now all his sig. ESP / LTD seven string models come with EMG 81-7' pick-ups from the factory (except the SC207) BUT if you look up Stef on the EMG website, it states he uses 707's not 81-7's??? Anyone here enough of a Stef nut to shed some light on this????

Oh and here's the set:

(Invalid img)
Edit this setlist | More Deftones setlists
Quote by TheReverend724
WP > SNW > S/T > DE > ATF

I do love Around the Fur though

I do believe you meant:

S/T > WP > DE > ATF > A > SNW

Although to be fair S/T and WP jostle for position, as do ATF and A.

Seen the deftones 8 times now, and every single time they've put on a fantastic show.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
White Pony FTW, love Passenger, maynard and chino do an outstanding job on this song on the album, and change in the house of flies is an amazing song as well

not to discredit the rest of white pony, its all good, didn't care too much for any of their other albums though

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot