Page 3 of 6
DIAMOND EYES IS

AMAZING!!

I think my favourite tracks arte the more ethereal, beautiful ones: Sextape, Beauty School, Diamond Eyes.
█████████████████████████
Never been a fan, then I got White Pony a few weeks ago.

My opinion quickly changed.
i like how stephen makes good use of the 8 string on diamond eyes album. it's not just deep lowend chugga chugga. would love to hear what the 8 stringer sounds like on Eros.

Quote by supergerbil
You missed out the album deftones. And the writst isnt plural in SNW.

My favourite rock band at the moment (and by rock, I mean guitars, bass, drums and vocalist). All their albums are great. I'd probably rank adrenaline a fair bit below the others though. I mean Around the fur may be my favourite, but SNW is so awesome too (and has so many killer tracks), as is White Pony and Deftones.

Favourite songs at the moment are probably Riviere and Around the fur. Riviere is just hauntingly beautiful and around the fur just has such a riff.

+1
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 7, 2011,
I love me some Deftones, and they were great on their most recent UK tour.

I'd probably rank the albums something like this...

Diamond Eyes / White Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Self-titled
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
I want to own their discography, then I walked in HMV and White Pony was still 11 quid. I was like... wa?
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
TO ALL DEFTONES FANS, who actually plays an instrument-- Im tryin to collect a band that wants to make music similar to the sounds and style of Deftones. WHILE STILL being very original with our own style. I need a guituarist, bassist, and drummer that has the passion for deftones and wants to expirement. I sing. Im Blake. Get at me!!
I LOVE their album Diamond Eyes; I don't really like much else. Any suggestions on songs?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
I LOVE their album Diamond Eyes; I don't really like much else. Any suggestions on songs?

There's alot; RX Queen is a great one, and Passenger has MJK as a guest....My Own Summer, Digital Bath, Change (In the House of Flies), Minerva, Around the Fur, and Be Quiet and Drive are also some great songs.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by talia.

Be Quiet and Drive
White Pony... all of it. Dont skimp.
My Own Summer
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
I had never listened to Deftones really til I heard Diamond Eyes on the radio. Loved it, and the album is awesome. Sextape is one of my favorite songs at the moment, so beautiful and haunting. Will need to get White Pony it sounds like.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I think you should try White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist.
White Pony is an eerie work of art which is oddly ambient, desolate and cold. Pure brilliance.
SNW is like a warm shoegazey record filled with keyboards but with a sense of power. Cool stuff.

I love this band.
the only thing i dislike is that each album is tuned differently..keeps you in one album unless retuned anything past white pony might need a truss rod adj. on some.
right now im rocking white pony
Pink Cellphone has this odd brilliance about it that I can't put a finger on. I also enjoyed Annie Hardy ranting on about butt****ing and uncircumsized dicks. Passenger captivated me because of Maynard, but also how their voices contrasted eachother so beautifully. Change (in the House of Flies) was the song that got me into Deftones, just so dark yet calm. Deftones is some babymakin' music for modern rockers. :P
I'm usually an advocate for profanity and deviance, but Pink Cellphone would be better without all that nonsense at the end. It just pulls you out of the trance it creates so well.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Quote by soapalot
I'm usually an advocate for profanity and deviance, but Pink Cellphone would be better without all that nonsense at the end. It just pulls you out of the trance it creates so well.

My sister said the same thing a few years back. I agree with her.
The hidden track on Around the Fur is sick, and the bong hit halfway there is pretty funny.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
saw DT last month.. they had a concert here in the philippines. it was epic!!!!
Quote by dlowe102
the only thing i dislike is that each album is tuned differently..keeps you in one album unless retuned anything past white pony might need a truss rod adj.

Agreed on that.. I love to play most of their songs... infact, I've mostly been playing deftones songs and my own songs for past 3-4 years. It is quite a hassle to change the tuning to play songs from different album.. guess that's why Stephen got so many ESPs .

After watching them live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last valentine's day, I just had to get another guitar. Got me a 7 string, (Planning to change to heavier gauge strings), detune to 8 string minus the high E for Diamond Eyes materials. So this 7 string takes care of Deftones, SNW and Diamond Eyes while the 6 string is for Adrenaline, ATF and WP.

My Deftones album Rank: ATF>Adrenaline>Diamond Eyes>WP>Deftones>SNW
^ that oppinion would belong to the minority. I like all deftones albums, but I would rank them:

White Pony
S/T ( a close second)
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline
Saturday Night Wrist.

From a critic's perspective, White pony is the most complete and coherent album, no filler tracks really, it just works really well.
I've only listened to Diamond Eyes and White Pony, and both are great albums. I find myself going back to this band often when I'm looking for something to listen to.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
deftones just got announced for reading/leeds and im going download, i am actually gutted!
Bollocks. I knew I should have gotten tickets. It's the only festival that I want to go to this year, and I don't think I can.

Do you happen to know any other bands that are definites? I don't think the definitive list has been released yet.
Quote by Primus2112
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKR5bCXapj8

check it d00ds

(this video contains 8-strings)

hey since when did you get a 8 string primus?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
hey since when did you get a 8 string primus?

December It's my pride and joy, but it's been a 7 since like February damn high E's
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
December It's my pride and joy, but it's been a 7 since like February damn high E's

dude i'm ****ing jealous. ive been wanting one forever. i'm surprised you beat me to one. i'm supposed to be the one obsessed with 7/8 string guitars

is it the 28.987523908460293649792 scale?

how do full barre chords sound on it?

you should do a cover of "you've seen the butcher"
DEFTONES RULE!!!!!!!!!
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
dude i'm ****ing jealous. ive been wanting one forever. i'm surprised you beat me to one. i'm supposed to be the one obsessed with 7/8 string guitars

is it the 28.987523908460293649792 scale?

how do full barre chords sound on it?

you should do a cover of "you've seen the butcher"
DEFTONES RULE!!!!!!!!!

YSTB is awesome, but right now I'm trying to learn Icarus Lives! by Periphery, hard as fuck man

Full barre chords? Thick as hell.

28.987523908460293649793 scale
Last edited by Primus2112 at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by mareno77
Agreed on that.. I love to play most of their songs... infact, I've mostly been playing deftones songs and my own songs for past 3-4 years. It is quite a hassle to change the tuning to play songs from different album.. guess that's why Stephen got so many ESPs .

After watching them live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last valentine's day, I just had to get another guitar. Got me a 7 string, (Planning to change to heavier gauge strings), detune to 8 string minus the high E for Diamond Eyes materials. So this 7 string takes care of Deftones, SNW and Diamond Eyes while the 6 string is for Adrenaline, ATF and WP.

My Deftones album Rank: ATF>Adrenaline>Diamond Eyes>WP>Deftones>SNW

I want to get a 7 string...Ive never bought a new guitar and i promised myself to get a new midrange guitar...maybe a ltd 7 string?
They're awesome guitars, the LTD SC-607B. Some people find the pick-up configuration bothersome, both tonally and structurally, so you should definitely try it out before you buy it.
I want a green 6 string with the 3 pickups and neckthrough just cant affoerd the ones i find
Can't stop listening to Minerva lately

EDIT:

As of May 2010, Chi Cheng has shown significant signs of improvement, as he is able to track individual people with his eyes, occasionally make worded responses, and slightly move his hands. Chino Moreno has stated that the Cheng family will be paying a doctor experienced in the field of coma and trauma patients using funds raised through oneloveforchi.com to use an experimental medicine to bring Chi out of his coma-like state. The treatment has an 84% success rate.

As of May 2011, Chi is currently undergoing rehabilitation and more operations in New Jersey.

FUCK YES CHI
Last edited by Primus2112 at Jun 17, 2011,
ordered the S/T

got it today

amazing