Page 4 of 6
Minerva is such a good song. Most appropriate to listen to at sunrise...after you've stayed up all night.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event

=

ಥ_ಥ
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event

=

ಥ_ಥ

wat happend?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
wat happend?

It's just such a beautiful, melancholy song.
Oh deftones, i love you so much.

Be quiet and drive is my most meaningful song ever, just because of the guitar.
Mein is amazing
Hexagram is unbelievable, my favourite song to listen to.
Minerva is great
My own summer has the sickest riff
knife prty was the first song i properly got into
Change is just a classic
Back to school was where my love for deftones began, amazing song

i convinced our band to have a crack at be quiet and drive too :P

Thank you for making this thread, i know its not very original but im soon to get a white pony tattoo on my arm
Quote by Primus2112
It's just such a beautiful, melancholy song.

When I was about 13 I made a deal with my best mate that we'd have that song played at our funerals.
Quote by The Necrotizer
When I was about 13 I made a deal with my best mate that we'd have that song played at our funerals.
Imma have to kill you now and go to your funeral just so I can hear that song again.
Just dropping by to say Saturday Night Wrist is a ****ing fantastic sexytime album.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
Just dropping by to say Saturday Night Wrist is a ****ing fantastic sexytime album.

I'm willing to bet Diamond Eyes is too
Last edited by Primus2112 at Dec 18, 2011,
Anyone heard the Crosses stuff yet? It's not bad, personally I like it more than most of the Team Sleep album. Got a Depeche Mode vibe going on.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Yeah I used to blast Deftones when I was in school and just feel like the most badass guy ever. I still felt badass driving round listening to Diamond Eyes when it came out, so I guess they'll always have that effect
Quote by frankv
Pretty much. Change is a good one as well. Oh, and I remember listening to 7 Words and thinking I was a total badass for it.
You were badass.
I never post here. I had to scroll up to check what forum I was in. The only times I do is when I find a good thread I like (such as this one) and post every now and again.

I mod the Drum Forum, Songwriting & Lyrics and the Forum of the Banned. You can actually find where all the moderators are modding here.
Yeah, there are some I haven't seen either that are part of the UG office and only really deal with technical stuff. A lot of the mods there are either really old, and aren't very active any more, or are really new.
I like Deftones. I have Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes; both are fantastic albums
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I think White Pony will be the next album I get. I already have Rx Queen and Passenger. Both great songs.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Around the Fur and White Pony are superb driving albums.

The others are more at-home material for me.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Hi! I'm recording my new EP and I'm looking for a female singer to be featured on one of my new songs. The genre is pretty much Team Sleep-ish. The person should speak English and be able to sing in English, plus it'd be awesome if she had connections with her local record studios to go record her vocal parts as I'm planning to work remotely. It's all really simple! Contact me if you feel like doing it. The track is really catchy and should sound amazing! Please, don't bother to get in touch if you have no opportunity to record your vocals professionally or your services are not free. We'll just waste our time.
Check out the raw version here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOqNZbXjXro Sorry to be out of tune on thr 3rd verse, it's too high-pitched but this is exactly where the girl should sing.
Share it!
Deftones i feel do not have a bad album.

Perhaps Saturday Night Wrist is their weakest though. Rats Rats Rats still kicks my ass.
SNW is great album IMO. Then again I only have that one and Diamond Eyes. Along with like 3 songs from White Pony.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

oh dude, you have no idea what deftones are about. Adrenaline, White Pony and Around the fur are freaking amazing. Minerva and SNW are pretty meh but have some good songs. Diamond eyes is so amazing.
"We carry death out of the village!"
Great. It's not as akin to White Pony as they said it would be, but it's definitely Deftones. The production style and guitar tracking is very similar to Diamond Eyes, which isn't my favourite, but it's a great song. I'm stoked as heck to hear the rest of this. I wasn't disappointed with Diamond Eyes, but it didn't feel like a true Deftones album to me. I'm hoping this will be.
I love this song, and I'm damn sure going to pre-order the album. But there's something about this song that concerns me a bit.

Every Deftones album is very distinct from one another. They are (in my opinion) one of the few bands that can keep a core "sound" while still leaving room to change, experiment and evolve. Compare White Pony to Adrenaline and the differences are obvious. But they're both still unmistakably Deftones.

"Leathers" is a great song. But I'm hoping it's not indicative of the overall feel of the new album. It's a bit "too" familiar and comes across to me like Diamond Eyes 2 rather than the next evolution of the Deftones sound. Of course I could be always be over thinking things.

What do you guys think?