So after shopping around on Ebay for a shiny used tube amp, I decided to check check out all of the local pawn shops to see if they had anything worth a damn. You normally wouldn't expect to find anything good where I live, just squire starter kit guitars and small practice solid states. (Not knocking solid states! )

After going around to a few different places I came across one particular store with a B-52 AT-100 Head and Cab w/ footswitch. This was easily the most valuable amp/guitar I'd seen in my pawn shop ventures that day, so I figured what the hell, I've heard good things about this amp, might as well ask about it.

Anyway.... Walked out with the Head, Cab, and Footswitch for $500 dollars.

Hopefully I can get some pics up soon, but it's in great condition, sounds great, and after hearing about them so much, I was dying to get home and mess with it.

A good deal? Or not?
My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
new or used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Used.
My Gear
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
Quote by ZachCrawfordOMG
Used.

the halfstack costs 950 new.

if it sounds good w/ no problems then you got a good deal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Not too shabby, the head alone costs that much new.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yes, I thought so too. I was really curious; I didn't want to get home, ask around on UG and everyone be like "DOOD, ARE YOU F***ING STUPID??????" lol

Does anyone know of a good replacement cab or replacement speakers for the stock cab? I came in relatively underbudget, so I may start poking around for a new cab if there's one that really makes the amp shine.

Edit: Not to say I dislike the cab, but if there's something better out there, I'd be interested.
My Gear
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
Sell the cab and buy a Mesa 2x12
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Sell the cab and buy a Mesa 2x12

Do you know what the relative norm used price is for one? lol. And I assume if I did get one, I would be looking at the rectifier cabs.
My Gear
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
Quote by ZachCrawfordOMG
Do you know what the relative norm used price is for one? lol. And I assume if I did get one, I would be looking at the rectifier cabs.

~$400 used. There was one on the Boogie Board a few weeks ago for $300 shipped, but I dunno if it's still for sale, I wouldn't expect it to last long at that price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
get a mesa 4x12, 2x12 are ok but 4x12 is teh best.

I was gonna get a mesa 2x12 for 400 but i decided on a marshall jcm900 4x12 cab instead. i am not a fan of v30's and thats what comes in the mesa cabs i think. Those cabs are built really dense and thick. great quality top notch.

a mesa 4x12 is the sex to your ears with a tubehead if you like v30's. especially if you play heavy music.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
get a mesa 4x12, 2x12 are ok but 4x12 is teh best.

I was gonna get a mesa 2x12 for 400 but i decided on a marshall jcm900 4x12 cab instead. i am not a fan of v30's and thats what comes in the mesa cabs i think. Those cabs are built really dense and thick. great quality top notch.

a mesa 4x12 is the sex to your ears with a tubehead if you like v30's. especially if you play heavy music.

No offense, but I would've much rather had the Mesa over the Marshall, but I guess depending on the amp you have, it could've been a better match

Suggested the 2x12 though because it'd be much easier to move, if you're not in a band now, trust me, you'll be thanking me later if you get a 2x12 now instead of a 4x12
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

No offense, but I would've much rather had the Mesa over the Marshall, but I guess depending on the amp you have, it could've been a better match

Suggested the 2x12 though because it'd be much easier to move, if you're not in a band now, trust me, you'll be thanking me later if you get a 2x12 now instead of a 4x12

I wanted 4x12's over 2x12's and i hate V30's. I have no problem moving my stuff i prefer the 4x12. it just does it for me.

believe me if i saw a 4x12 mesa cab used locally i would have checked it out. They arent that much better fwiw.

my dream cab would be a mesa 4x12 with 2 gt12-75's and 2 v30's.

my marshall will do though. It was cheap.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A