Hey there. I have my heart set on a fender amp and I am tying to decide between the following- the deluxe reverb, the reissue bassman 410 combo or the blues deville 410?
Ive tried out the deluxe reverb and its sweeeeeet! Im looking for the sparkling cleans and crunchy blues tones. I will be using a ts-808 for overdrive quite a lot and an american strat. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts/opinions/experiences are with the amps above, thanks
Bassman ftw!

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ze monsta
Deluxe Reverb. It's a better size and weight, the reverb is fantastic and it doesn't have as much rather unneccesary headroom.

BETTER size an weight? define better size and weight and relate that to an individual's needs.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by JMcG92
Bassman ftw!

+1 I got mine off ebay brand new for £650!
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Quote by Bright Light
BETTER size an weight? define better size and weight and relate that to an individual's needs.

You want a definition of better size and weight? It doesn't weigh the same as a small battleship.

Have you ever tried picking up a Bassman, it's not really the smallest of amps.
I took portability into account. TS asked for peoples opinions, thoughts and experiences. Don't be a prick ehh.
I have a 1980 deluxe reverb, and would have to say that you´ll never find a cleaner sounding amp then that one. Sweet without a doubt !!!!!!!!
i want a real fender amp....
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Now, this thread shows you how biased many people on this forums are.

If it was a "Which Marshall?"- thread, the first 5-10 comments would be about:

"Why Marshall?"
"You can do much better."
"Don't get a Marshall, get a(n 18-watter) clone."
"Marshall sucks."
"Marshalls are overpriced."
"- Budget?
- Used/New?
- Gigging?
..."

You know what I mean?

/Thread.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
(a) Now, this thread shows you how biased many people on this forums are.

(b) If it was a "Which Marshall?"- thread, the first 5-10 comments would be about:

(c) "Why Marshall?"
(d) "You can do much better."
(e) "Don't get a Marshall, get a(n 18-watter) clone."
(f) "Marshall sucks."
(g) "Marshalls are overpriced."
(h) "- Budget?
- Used/New?
- Gigging?
..."

You know what I mean?

/Thread.

(a) bollocks. don't get me wrong, i agree that people are biased, but i'd be getting a clone of a fender if i were getting anything anyway. But i need to know the model i want to clone.

(b) true. but if someone wants nice cleans, the fender amps in the hot rod series are actually a decent bet, as long as you're willing to accept the abysmal drive channel(s).

(c) because most people wanting a marshall just want the name. That's also true of fenders, to an extent, but it doesn't seem to be as bad (this forum seems to be very metal-centric). Plus as I mentioned in part (b), the fenders that most people are talking about actually do have nice cleans, which can't really be said for the cheaper marshalls' overdrive.

(d) that's generally true. especially if you're not in the UK.

(e) hehe, it's probably me saying that. But the thing is, an 18 watter clone is still a marshall. is it the circuit or the badge which makes it a marshall? cos if you ask me, it's the circuit.

(f) ok, that probably is a bit biased, but looking at the MGs, that's probably justified. Not so much if you're looking at all the marshall models.

(g) that is true, unless you live in the UK.

(h) well, if you're gonna recommend something else, you have to know those...

I think it's also extremely pertinent to point out that the threadstarter appears to be talking about vintage fenders, by and large, as are most of the posters in the thread. I never see many, if any, derogatory posts about vintage marshalls either, so again you're not comparing like with like. if someone made a post saying, "which marshall should i get, jtm45, plexi or 18 watter?", I doubt you'd see very many posts along the lines of that list you made. Granted, they might tell you to get a clone, but that advice would be valid for Fenders, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
(a) bollocks. don't get me wrong, i agree that people are biased, but i'd be getting a clone of a fender if i were getting anything anyway. But i need to know the model i want to clone.

(b) true. but if someone wants nice cleans, the fender amps in the hot rod series are actually a decent bet, as long as you're willing to accept the abysmal drive channel(s).

(c) because most people wanting a marshall just want the name. That's also true of fenders, to an extent, but it doesn't seem to be as bad (this forum seems to be very metal-centric). Plus as I mentioned in part (b), the fenders that most people are talking about actually do have nice cleans, which can't really be said for the cheaper marshalls' overdrive.

(d) that's generally true. especially if you're not in the UK.

(e) hehe, it's probably me saying that. But the thing is, an 18 watter clone is still a marshall. is it the circuit or the badge which makes it a marshall? cos if you ask me, it's the circuit.

(f) ok, that probably is a bit biased, but looking at the MGs, that's probably justified. Not so much if you're looking at all the marshall models.

(g) that is true, unless you live in the UK.

(h) well, if you're gonna recommend something else, you have to know those...

I think it's also extremely pertinent to point out that the threadstarter appears to be talking about vintage fenders, by and large, as are most of the posters in the thread. I never see many, if any, derogatory posts about vintage marshalls either, so again you're not comparing like with like. if someone made a post saying, "which marshall should i get, jtm45, plexi or 18 watter?", I doubt you'd see very many posts along the lines of that list you made. Granted, they might tell you to get a clone, but that advice would be valid for Fenders, too.

Well, good answer.

(c) You are right. Most "Which Marshall"-threads are started by people who think Marshall is the best brand ever and want to look cool with the amps.

(d/g) Well, especially in Europe not only the UK their prices are OK, their high(er)-end models are actually in the same price category as many other (not - bashed for overpricing - brands) brands like Peavey, Hiwatt, Orange etc.
And you can do better is subjective. Some people might like the sound of a JVM, other's prefer a Rockerverb.

(e) It's not about the badge. But some people don't want to buy something off the internet like a Ceriatone 18-watt clone, because they can't actually try them out anywhere.

(f) True.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz

(d/g) yeah, that's true. In the US, though, the marshall prices would make your eyes water, especially when you see the prices for stuff which is (personally, i'd say objectively, but to cover my ass, I'd have to say subjectively, just in case) far better- soldano and the like.

(e) yeah, that's true. Though I would say that if you can get to try the marshall reissues, that should give you some idea. But some people still wouldn't be willing to take the chance, and that's fair enough, it's their money.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?