I'm thinking of upgrading my guitar with GFS pickups. But i Dont really know which ones I should pick and if I should take a different pup for the neck.
My music style is The swellers, blink, sum etc etc

Does someone know which P'ups I should take?

Thanks
Quote by blue_strat
What guitar is it? What amp will you be using?

It is a les paul copy with magony body, the amp I will be playing through is going to be a epiphone valve junior.
Save up your money.

Buy an SD Invader.

Especially with a mahogany body LP copy, this is going to make you sound like Cheshire Cat & Dude Ranch era Blink-182.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Quote by Copaman
Save up your money.

Buy an SD Invader.

Especially with a mahogany body LP copy, this is going to make you sound like Cheshire Cat & Dude Ranch era Blink-182.

+1.

Either that or get a gibson burstbucker bridge pup or something along those lines. Pretty sure this is what tom used on the self-titled/untitled album. Come to think of it it might have just been an old PAF or something. I don't know much about Gibson pups.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
+1.

Either that or get a gibson Dirty Fingers bridge. This is what tom used on the self-titled/untitled album.

Fix'd

TS, Tom has two to three different sounds, and each one has little sub-sounds if you'd like to think about it that way.

In the early, early days of blink, he used a Mahogany Les Paul with a single bridge Pup, probably an Invader.

Tom then moved to his Fender Strat with the single Invader bridge Pup.

After that (Circa just before the self-titled album) he switched to a Gibson Es-333 (5?) with a single Dirty Fingers pup in the bridge.

Some of the other things you have to think about to find that blink-esque pop punk sound is your amplifier. Tom's rig also changed over the years
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
I was thinking of buying an SD invader indeed but I found it pretty ugly to put it on a les paul. Is there a possibily to cover the p'up with the chrome covers that are already on my les paul copy?

And will it be okay if I only buy the bridge position and if needed buy the neck p'up later?
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by Copaman
Fix'd

IIRC He does use the dirty fingers for his live shows, but he uses a different gibson pick up for recording. I'll go check it out
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
I was thinking of buying an SD invader indeed but I found it pretty ugly to put it on a les paul. Is there a possibily to cover the p'up with the chrome covers that are already on my les paul copy?

And will it be okay if I only buy the bridge position and if needed buy the neck p'up later?

Not without wax potting the pickups. Also, because of the huge pole pieces, you'd have trouble getting a cover to fit.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Not without wax potting the pickups. Also, because of the huge pole pieces, you'd have trouble getting a cover to fit.

And how will the dirty fingers fit? and do you have to wax them too?
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by -MintSauce-
The Dirty Fingers should fit fine into a cover, and it WOULD need to be wax potted.

Okay thank you but is it hard to wax it? I'm a customize n00b so that's why i am asking.