I know some of these guitars have the best quality for metal and all, but i was wondering if these are hard to play sitting down. ive played my friends Kerry King Sig. but i was standing up and it was comfortable. I am gonna go to a guitar center soon to try 1 out but i want some opinions first
ive heard you need to sit a little differently than you would with say a strat or les paul body.

its all preference though.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
They're easy to play sitting down. Play it in classical position.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Most people play V guitars between the legs. They are fairly easy to play that way, and not so top heavy. But you can forget throwing it over your leg like a normal axe.
classical position is way easyier to play in my opinion. I play my esp eclipse(lp shape) that way..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
classical position is way easyier to play in my opinion. I play my esp eclipse(lp shape) that way..

this

I play my ART in a classical position, much more comfy for me
In my opinion, V guitars aren't the most practical sitting practicing/recording guitars. It can be done, but it's easier to stand up with them. I feel like they designed to be showy guitars.

However, Alexi Laiho does both with his guitar:

My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Matt420740
Most people play V guitars between the legs. They are fairly easy to play that way, and not so top heavy. But you can forget throwing it over your leg like a normal axe.

Lol I can't play a Les Paul over my leg, I gotta play in classical position with a single cut, my SG I can play over my leg, just not my Les Paul :p
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Yes you can play it sitting down, just play them in classical position, in my opinion it's the best, it forces you to focus a bit more on what you're playing. In fact V's to me are some of the most comfortable guitars. I don't sit in classical all the time, but if its for an all out shred song, classical position FTW.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I play every guitar I own in classical position. It's so much nicer.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
This thread has been done once a week for the past month. And like each one says, just like the ones here, yes you can.
^ Nice visual answer.

I think personally, that the asymmetrical rhoads style guitars look neater when you see them in pictures but becasue of the smaller lower wing, they sit a little more awkwardly than a king v, flying v or ultra v. But still not impossible or even hard to play sitting.
You play them in classical position, for some one like me, The first time i played les paul was awkward as **** because i couldn't play it in classical.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I play Les Pauls in the classical position too. Am I missing something?
Quote by Hydra26
I play Les Pauls in the classical position too. Am I missing something?

a couple of nerves on your leg
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
What makes the position classical? I thought people always played stringed instruments like we 'regularly' do.... (And by thought, I mean assume without any sort of background knowledge)
Play the guitar in the classical position (like mentioned above). In fact, my first guitar was a V, so now every time I play a guitar sitting down I have to use the classical position. I just find it sooo much more comfortable.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Quote by edge11
a couple of nerves on your leg

yeah... not so much. I'm actually sitting here with my LP on my left leg right now and I don't think there's any problem. I've actually found that it stays more stable like this as on my right leg the heavy back end wants to tip over the outside of my leg.