Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,210 IQ
Hey guys. I'm trying to find some good metalcore/deathcore songs that are easy to sing and play at the same time. And I don't just mean songs that are easy to play and easy to sing. Has to be songs where I can do vocals and guitar at the same time. I have a limited singing range, so I'm thinking mostly screams/shouts.
henkka_potku
Frank Zappa of metal
1,037 IQ
Sigh...

Play some Death. That's some real metal for you.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Veil Of Osiris
189 IQ
Trivium
Maybe some Darkest Hour?
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Certain ABR is easy to do both to. Not every song, but I think Back Burner, along with a few others, could work.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
^considering the other suggestions, I'm guessing he's not into ADTR
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
thesceneislame
UG's man's man
1,255 IQ
as i lay dying and adtr
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
If you can learn by ear, learn some Lungs (repping my avatar haha). It's not -core though, but the guitar parts are fun as and the guitarist is the vocalist so it's far easier to sing and play than if they were written and performed by different people. the vocalist / guitarist is crazily good, though.
Monolith295
Life iz Hell
1,705 IQ
Are you looking for stuff to just practice singing and playing? Because if that's the case it doesn't really matter how much you suck at singing.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
NY_FootBall49
UG's White Ordell Robbie
1,105 IQ
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
Beastie Boys
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Yeah, I'll back As I Lay Dying. Also some All That Remains songs that don't have solos. Pretty much any generic metalcore that doesn't have technical solos.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
FCPREMIX

it has an extremely basic rhythm. Once you get the riffs down the vocals are really easy to combine with it.

Fall of Troy is pretty far from metalcore though. At least FCPREMIX is.

I'd say maybe some Avenged Sevenfold songs, perhaps Unholy Confessions?
Last edited by Dregen at Nov 8, 2009,
henkka_potku
Frank Zappa of metal
1,037 IQ
Quote by Squifey
^^ We're in the Hardcore forum...

Oh. I just saw this thread on the front page of ug and didn't know this is on hc forum.

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
So you saw that he specifically asked for metalcore/deathcore recommendations but decided you'd just ignore that and post whatever band you felt like that didn't meet the requirements?

And in a condescending manner, at that.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
HAHA! Apparently...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
henkka_potku
Frank Zappa of metal
1,037 IQ
Apparently, yes. But I was bored. And it really makes me sad that the amount of -core people is growing and growing while real metal is dying

Quote by Sami Philadelph
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Don't you have some Trivium or some other crappy bands you can go listen to instead of polluting our threads?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Squifey
Your Signal Is Fading...
1,022 IQ
Quote by henkka_potku
Apparently, yes. But I was bored. And it really makes me sad that the amount of -core people is growing and growing while real metal is dying

Real Metal isn't dying. If people are like me, they listen to -core first then get into Metal/Death Metal stuff afterwards, yet still like both genres.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by henkka_potku

Seriously. It's possible for people to listen to more than one genre of music. And if you were in the metal forum even occasionally you'd probably know that jetfuel posts there a lot as well. Please don't make assumptions.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Veil Of Osiris
189 IQ
Quote by henkka_potku

I think its pretty common for people to hear some "core" bands, then get in to metal from there. That's what I did; listening to Trivium one day, then the next thing I knew I was jamming out to Decrepit Birth.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Okeefe Is Legit
1,415 IQ
Quote by henkka_potku

Hopefully "real" metal completely dies out so there will be less people like you around.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,210 IQ
Yeah, some old AILD songs are pretty easy to sing and play, like 94 Hours (except during the breakdowns).
Quote by Monolith295
Are you looking for stuff to just practice singing and playing? Because if that's the case it doesn't really matter how much you suck at singing.

Either way, I guess. Practice, mostly.

How can I learn to sing during a breakdown? Every time I try to even speak while doing a breakdown I screw up.

(I forgot this thread was around because I was too busy in the REEL MEHTULZ forum )
hb15577
Easy like sunday
287 IQ
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Hopefully "real" metal completely dies out so there will be less people like you around.

man thats stupid get over it, and death is a real metal band
Monolith295
Life iz Hell
1,705 IQ
Quote by henkka_potku

Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495

How can I learn to sing during a breakdown? Every time I try to even speak while doing a breakdown I screw up.

(I forgot this thread was around because I was too busy in the REEL MEHTULZ forum )

There's no secret, you just have to put copious amounts of time into a certain breakdown so it becomes second nature. This, unfortunately, won't help with any other breakdowns though. You have to put the effort into each one separately until you've got the pattern down.

Or so I've been told. I can't do it at all...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
practice stereotypical boring breakdowns (dun dun dun, dun dun dun.... dun dun dun dun dun etc) whilst humming... then talking... then singing melodically.

when im writing songs, the parts where im singing the guitar is always a lot easier than the parts where im not singing
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
^Thank you for renewing my hatred for TFoT
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
i like the riffs and drumming but HATE the vocals and the song names.
speakers
MANG
160 IQ
Do songs that the singer is also a guitarist?
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
Quote by nashawa
^Thank you for renewing my hatred for TFoT

Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard someone say they hate FoT.