Ok, i'm learning my first "fast" solo, Dying in your Arms by Trivium. I have the first solo down and nailed, no problem with it. But i'm getting very frustrated with the second solo. Here's the tab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/trivium/dying_in_your_arms_solo_tab.htm (The part where it says 12p8 10)

I figured when I vowed to learn this solo to take it very slow and learn part by part, so the first part i'm learning is the first three notes (12p8 10), learn to play it as a fast metrome beat then move on. When I strum the 12 then pull off to 8, the note is lost. This is getting beyond frustrating!! What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.
Quote by Power Metal Kid
When I strum the 12 then pull off to 8, the note is lost. This is getting beyond frustrating!! What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

If your losing the note at the pull off, then your not pulling off correctly. Practice, a lot. Sounds like your already doing that, so just keep it up and you'll get it.
^as he said, make sure you're pulling-off correctly, you dont just lift your finger off the string, you, for lack of a better word, "flick" it. by doing this you are effectivly repicking the note with your fretting hand.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
^as he said, make sure you're pulling-off correctly, you dont just lift your finger off the string, you, for lack of a better word, "flick" it. by doing this you are effectivly repicking the note with your fretting hand.

Try 'pull'.
Basically, you want to pull at the string so that your almost strumming it with your fretting finger. Be careful to mute the other strings though.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence