Ok so whenever i plug my guitar in now, it just makes like this loud buzzing sound and nothing i play goes through. I know its not the amp or the cable because i tried 2 of both so it is definitely a problem with the guitar. My friend said its is most likely a problem with the input socket on the guitar, does anyone know how i can fix this or do i have to take it to a shop?

connect the ground to the inner lug. a soldering iron kit is about $15 and has instructions on the pack. (dont forget the solder, if it's not in the kit)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The problem is almost certainly going to be your input jack. If you find everything to be fine in that area though, start looking around the pots and switch for any lose wires.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
nah man it's a minor error
hmm possibly sounds to me that it's either the socket or the cable it self
did you try to plug some other instrument to the amp via that cable?

no i only have 1 instrument but i have two cables that i tried on it and they both didnt work so its most likely the input socket, i guess i have to take it to the shop.
No you don't. You can easily fix this yourself with a soldering iron.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by vigenharutyunya
nah man it's a minor error
hmm possibly sounds to me that it's either the socket or the cable it self
did you try to plug some other instrument to the amp via that cable?

a jack IS a minor problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

a screwdriver is all you need to check the problem. if it is a loose connection on the input jack then a soldering iron is all that is needed to fix the problem and they only cost a couple of quid for a cheap one.

don''t bother with the shop, do it yourself! its fun to fix your guitar yourself. a sense of achievment. take pride!!
Quote by vigenharutyunya
yo smart boy it is "it's" cause im talking generally about the problem not the jack at all!!!

i'm not going to take apart your posts, because there are way too many issues.

in the future, try to pay better attention to thread details before posting.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i'm not going to take apart your posts, because there are way too many issues.

in the future, try to pay better attention to thread details before posting.
This ^
Quote by vigenharutyunya
well i trie didnt i??
sorry for offpost
Trie (sic) harder?
Quote by LumberjackShred
I know its not the amp or the cable because i tried 2 of both so it is definitely a problem with the guitar.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.