If anyone has ever wanted to see a Burst that hasn't faded, then here is a perfect example of one. I don't think you could get much more mint then this, still has tags on it and everything. So damn beautiful!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1960-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-STANDARD-BURST-OHSC-TAGS_W0QQitemZ180428527084QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2a0260d5ec
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Wow. Look at some of the other instruments he has sold. That guy gets his hands on some nice stuff.
holy **** $325,000?!?!

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Must be a vintage guitar shop im guessing.

All guitars are for sale in our shop in Tarzana, CA.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
I've seen better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??

To be honest, the whole "roughed up" image of a vintage guitar is what makes them valuable to me. I wouldn't ever buy a brand new looking vintage guitar for that price unless it had been rocked by Jesus Himself.

Money would be better spent on buying a Les Paul Supreme (I've seen gorgeous bursts on those, much better than that one) and a pair of handwound PAFs. And you would still have enough to buy yourself a house.
^ Exactly, i might as well buy my own custom shop one along with every single piece of gear i'd ever wanted. The faded finish is what makes it so great, it's what gives it the nostalgia and style.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Raijouta
I've seen better.

yeah. not really impressed. it's pretty, and cool it's in such good shape. but that thing better drive me around, make me food, and launder money for me for the rest of my life for $375,000.

i'd much rather save about $374,000 and get myself a decent guitar instead.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I'm not gibson expert but he couldn't possibly get that money for it, right? .........right?!
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by Raijouta
I've seen better.

+1

I'd take a good 1959 VOS reissue for like $320,000 cheaper
Quote by unicornfist
I'm not gibson expert but he couldn't possibly get that money for it, right? .........right?!

He most certainly could. Those be the Holy Grails of guitars. Sometimes, they go for more then twice that. Collectors and proffesional musicians with money, scoop them up.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
they can scoop all they want. id like to be able to one day own a house AND a guitar. shouldnt have to choose between the two!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

wasnt that same picture in a different thread yesterday and everyone was saying it was fake?
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Quote by SoLgEr
wasnt that same picture in a different thread yesterday and everyone was saying it was fake?

Can you post a link to that thread? I'd like to see it.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
A very nice vintage LP but $325,000.00. I find it odd the finish looks brand new. You never see LPs that old that have no checks in the finish at all it could be the camera didn't pick them up but still I think it's about three hundred thou over priced.

John
So not worth it. You could buy a god damn house with that money....

It's even dumb when you see guitars start to go over $2000. For christ sake it's just f ucking wood.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Who the **** is gonna buy that ...

And off ebay as well ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

If only the guitar had the same strings as it did when it came out of the factory would it be worth something to me
The whole point behind a 1960 les paul standard in mint condition for $325,000 is because it's a piece of history. Especially now that Les Paul's gone. It's not meant to be played.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
The whole point behind a 1960 les paul standard in mint condition for $325,000 is because it's a piece of history. Especially now that Les Paul's gone. It's not meant to be played.

It's not like Les Paul hand built the bloody thing. Guitars were meant to be played not adored imo.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
It's not like Les Paul hand built the bloody thing. Guitars were meant to be played not adored imo.

+1
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

The funny thing is not all vintage guitars are good. At the last guitar show here in Boston I tried a lot of over priced vintage guitars and truthfully a lot of them just sucked. When people started buying vintage guitars as investments it caused the vintage guitar prices to skyrocket. I know two guys who collect that do not even play! Guitar prices are like everything else the fluctuate depending on demand and economy. Ten years from now that LP could be only worth ten grand or could be worth the price he's asking.

I would rather buy a new top of the line Gibson custom shop and use the rest to buy a decent house with an awesome studio in the basement.

I could see if the guitar was owned by Les Paul or had some proof of historic significance otherwise it's just a mint a 60 LP plain and simple. It's just not worth $325.000.00.

I have a Les Paul 25/50 Anniversary LP in C10 condition with Les Paul's sig nature and pics to prove he signed it but it's still not worth much more just because he's gone.

There are people out there with more money than brains who probably will buy the thing and put it in a case and look at it from time to time because if I paid over a third of a million bucks I would be afraid to touch it! One chip or god forbid you drop it it's not worth crap.

John
Everyone is missing the point.

Of course it doesn't play any better than the guitars of today. Manufacturing techniques of today can create even low-end guitars that play as well as midrange and high-end guitars of the 60s and 70s, when guitars were made almost completely by hand.

The tonal difference isn't THAT noticeable either. Sure, he aging of the wood is impossible to replicate, and so you can never make a guitar sound like a vintage Les Paul (or any 60s-era guitar). But that's not worth half a million dollars either, right?

This guitar is a piece of history. It was made before the vast majority of you were born and still has the original tags on it. The trees in your backyard have younger wood than the mahogany that this guitar is made from. When a rich coin collector buys a Civil War half dollar for thousands of dollars, no one says anything. But when a vintage Gibson sells for hundreds of thousands, everyone goes nuts.

There's "overpriced" gems in every field of interest, from cars to guitars to coins to postage stamps. Take a Ford Model-T for example. By today's standards, it's scrap metal. It has 22 horsepower and worse gas mileage than a Bugatti Veyron. The leaf springs are completely worthless compared to today's modern automotive suspension. The car had no power steering, air conditioning, or liquid cooling. Technically, it's a piece of junk. Yet, people rake in up to $100,000 for them.

Gibsons were individually made by hand back then and no two guitars are alike. Chances are most of you won't ever even see an original '60s Burst, let alone a '59. Just appreciate the damn thing instead of bitching about how over-priced it is.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Personally that thing does nothing for me. If you'd posted a picture of a beaten up old Les Paul that looked like it had been played and loved for its 49 years of existence, right now I'd be writing a massive speil about how amazing it looked.

That guitar looks like it's sat in a case for it's lifetime, unloved and collected, never being shown a purpose, and as such, kind of makes me sad
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Can you post a link to that thread? I'd like to see it.

i couldnt find it, sorry. i dont remember then thread name
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!