I like my Big Muff reissue a lot, but Im looking for something a bit more. I want it to be good for big sounding riffs/powerchords as well as leads (think Dinosaur Jr), and Ive had my eyes on a couple things like a Lovetone Big Cheese clone, one of the Stomp Under Foot vintage Muff clones, and the Musket Fuzz. Think any of these would be good for that sound, or is there anything I should be looking at instead?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Yeah, I figure I could put it in the mid-scoop mode and get some Muffy tones that way if Id need them. Think it would be a better option than the Musket Fuzz?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by ze monsta
Disclaimer: Nick gets erections over Lovetone products

Id question the values of anyone who didnt >_>

But yeah, I suppose Ill go with the Big Cheese for now since I can get a close enough sound with my current Muff. If only I could afford/find the real thing though
Board:
I've heard some great things about Lovepedal, but seeing as they're so hard to find in Europe, I've never actually tried one personally.
I have played the Fulltone 70 Fuzz, though, and I think it's one of the best mid-priced fuzz pedals out there. It's not weak and thin like others can be, it's incredibly bassy and thick. Each note sounds individual and powerful. Which does seem to contradict the whole point of fuzz - to mush things together so that it feels more saturated and "epic" - but this has more note definition whilst still being fuzzy. To me, they actually sound more like a slashed speaker than a processed fuzz box.