Alas I have to start a thread that I prayed i would never have to start My Epiphone Blues Custom has a problem. The first Problems I had was one day during practice the Amp jus up and died. No sound. No Light. No nothing. I unplugged it, started to freak out, turned off the the power and standby switches. And then upon plugging it back up BAM everything was fine. The following weekend I played and show and HOPED that the same thing wouldnt happen again. Luckily it didnt. But now tonight at the house when I plug my tele into it and turn on the On switch (while the standby is still on) the amp came on normally. the two small LED lights by the volume on the other hand did not. This worried me. Now when the amp is turned on the enternal fan did not turn on which also worried the shit out of me. Everytime the amp is turned on that damn fan comes on but this time...NOPE. So I sit there wateing to let the amp warm up.
When i turned the standby switch to the on position the amp did come on, however, there was nothing more than a slight hum coming from the speaker. I immediately freaked out. turned the amp off, disconnected it from the wall and removed the back peice from it to see if any tubes were broken. With the back peice removed i plugged it back up and turned the amp on. Both Power tubes were on. The rectifier tube was on. Everything seemed in working order like it normally is when i play it (I have looked in the back when i have played it) with the exception of the fan still not running. I made sure nothing was loose and I tried plugging the guitar up again. Still same result. I checked the fuse on the back next to the power cable. Not blown. WTF is wrong with my amp UG? I have gigs pretty consistently and Im broke as piss right now! any ideas what might be the problem???

SORRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMER BUT IM IN A TERRIBLE MOOD
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
It sounds like it's your fan? Try and take it to a tech, they can probably find out what's wrong with it much better than we can, over the internet.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
It sounds like it's your fan?

A fan isn't going to cause his amp to stop producing sound.

How long have the tubes been in your amp? The fact that you still have hum coming through your speaker is a good sign. At least that means your output transformer is working.
Quote by Matt420740

no, but overheating the electronics might, which could be caused by the fan not working.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
everything in the amp is stock

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Quote by Matt420740

How long have the tubes been in your amp? The fact that you still have hum coming through your speaker is a good sign. At least that means your output transformer is working.

If the fan stopped working, and the electronics got overheated, that could stop sound coming out. Especially since he said it turned off before. (*Fan stops working, TS turns amp off, on again in a few minutes, plays a gig, amp overheats, sound doesn't come out.*)
Anyway, TS, try to take it to a tech. If it's in warranty, send it back to the shop.

EDIT: Beaten to it, some other guy said it could be electronics overheating. Damn, slow typing from me.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by TK1
no, but overheating the electronics might, which could be caused by the fan not working.

From the way he was talking, it sounded like he just had cut it on. I doubt its overheating as soon as it starts up.

I would bet that the fan not working is related to his other problem, but its not the source of that problem.
Quote by Matt420740
From the way he was talking, it sounded like he just had cut it on. I doubt its overheating as soon as it starts up.

I would bet that the fan not working is related to his other problem, but its not the source of that problem.

I mean, if he played an entire gig with it, with the fan not working, that could definitely case problems. But I dunno, it could be something completely different.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
yea like i said. everything is stock there seems to be some hum but the signal itself isnt coming through. the fan isnt coming on. gooley has one i wonder if he ever encountered this problem

the fan worked at the gig. it jus didnt work when i turned it on today. and no sound was prduced either

Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
I mean, if he played an entire gig with it, with the fan not working, that could definitely case problems. But I dunno, it could be something completely different.

I build tube amps as a hobby. You can see a few clips on my youtube channel. Unless Epiphone really built a poor amp, there shouldn't be anything a little heat will hurt in the circuit anyways, Hence why most tube amps have no fan.

Like I said earlier, the fan and your other problems are probably related, and I'd take it to a tech if you don't have much electronics experience.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Nov 7, 2009,
EDIT @ Post above: I'll take your word for it then. . Oh, nice youtube clips as well.
Seriously dude, take it to a guitar tech.
Judging by what you said, it probably isn't the fan, but I'm not sure what it could be now. Wait and see, somebody might have had the same probably as you.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Nov 7, 2009,
I have a feeling that I am going to get rid of this amp seeing as its to damn bright anyway. Damn though, now i have to get it fixed