i just got a peavey valveking 112 and am looking to change the stock speaker. I was wondering if i could put a hellatone g12h30 in my 50 watt amp. i kind of like the sound of a speaker being pushed, but how much can i push it without it breaking?

do u think this will work??
thanks
30 watt speaker is rated for 30 watts. Why put that into a 50 watt amp?

Get at least a 50w speaker. I like to have a little insurance, so I go over the rating a bit. If you like the sound of a speaker being pushed, that doesn't mean you need to use a speaker that is underrated for your amp. Thats just asking for trouble.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by Matt420740
30 watt speaker is rated for 30 watts. Why put that into a 50 watt amp?

Get at least a 50w speaker. I like to have a little insurance, so I go over the rating a bit. If you like the sound of a speaker being pushed, that doesn't mean you need to use a speaker that is underrated for your amp. Thats just asking for trouble.

i usually only play at house level volumes. does that make a different
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
i usually only play at house level volumes. does that make a different

That makes a difference, but at house volume your not gonna get any 12" to break up. No matter if its a 20W or 100W.
have you looked at weber speakers? even attenuators?

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/

you'll find some in the descriptions that boast early breakup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah, as said, i dunno if you're going to get speaker breakup at house volumes. And putting such a low-rated speaker into your amp, you're always going to be scared of pushing it, anyway.

you could try weber, as jenny said, they do higher-wattage versions of celestions, or you could try eminence, the wizard is their version of the g12h30 (if that's the one you want). I haven't tried either, though, and as said you're probably not going to get much breakup.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?