I just got given an amp from a family friend. It's a Park G25R. I think it's pretty old. The person who gave it me doesn't know much about it. All I know is the it's a division of Marshall Amplification, the name, model and on the back it says 230V~50Hz, and the serial number. It pops pretty loud whenever I turn it on and off, even with the volume down low, and if I move it when it's on it makes horrible sounds. I'm not sure why it does this. I haven't really had a chance to test it yet, but if anyone has experience with this amp and could tell me their opinions of it, or anything else, such as how old it is, I would be really grateful! I've attached a couple of pictures.

Thanks!!

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv108/a7xguitar89/IMG_0025.jpg

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv108/a7xguitar89/IMG_0028.jpg
I think, Park were a sub-company of Marshall and sold pretty bad SS amps.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
some of the park amps were meant to be pretty good. id say its probably late 80s - early 90s

does it make a horrible noise when you move the amp or when you move the volume knob? if its the knob, its likely it needs cleaning with contact cleaner.

don't discount the amp; if you can get some good sounds out of it thats all that matters. its not an MG - park were in a completely different league.
Quote by clear and blue
some of the park amps were meant to be pretty good. id say its probably late 80s - early 90s

does it make a horrible noise when you move the amp or when you move the volume knob? if its the knob, its likely it needs cleaning with contact cleaner.

don't discount the amp; if you can get some good sounds out of it thats all that matters. its not an MG - park were in a completely different league.

It made funny noises when I picked the amp up or just moved it slightly. Well it was last night anyway, it seems ok now.
Thanks for everyone's help
Now what you are all saying is true but there is something about Parks that is worth keeping in mind (but probably only if you live in the UK). The Park name has an interesting history.
Jim Marshall signed a deal in the 60's with a large distributor called Rose-Morris giving them the British distribution rights. However one of Jim's mates, Johhny Jones who had a store in Birmingham, had been distributing Marshalls in the north of England up until that time and he was none too pleased about the Rose-Morris deal. So rather than sell out his mate and leave him stranded, Jim started building amps called Parks (Park was Johnny Jone's wife's maiden name) in 1965 and started distributing them with Johnny Jones under the name Cleartone Musical Instruments.
These first amps were basically a plexi with a few variations. Over the next 15 years or so they actually developed into a different amp with some being quite unique in their own right. In fact they have quite a reputation and some people say they are amongst the best amps Jim Marshall ever made. So, if you live in England and find a Park made from 1965 - 1980 going cheap because they don't know what it is - grab the sucker with both hands and run like hell - you've found a collectors item.

PS: the one you have there isn't one of them
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
PS: the one you have there isn't one of them

Some say the 'Park' branded amps are among the finest Jim Marshall ever made. But to reiterate, the type you've got isn't one of them.

Basically the original MG, although in those days at least they had the decency to market them under a separate 'budget' brand....