okay guys heres the ordeal,

i like blues and classic rock like crazy, but idk if i should just bury my head in nothing but jimmy hendrix and eric clapton, and work my ass off and become amazing at those 2 genres.

but,

i like to listen to metak sometimes too, not like suepr crazy metal, but i enjoy some chugging riffs and sweeps too(now that i can do them )

so should i expand my horizons and get a metal rig, or stick with getting a MIM strat an blues junior(neither are set in stone yet)

im not gonna be liek yearrgggg i luve teh br00talz!!!!!11!!
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Last edited by westdyolf at Nov 7, 2009,
Look man i love the same things as you do and I'm beginning to learn layla which i will figure out the right tab and post but anyways it's always nice to be able to appeal to any genre so learn a bit of metal and edgy rock or w/e like for example have something thaqt i like to call a set which for me is seven nation army iron man smoke on the water carry on my wayward son enter sandman and limelight if you want get back to me and ill give you more details
Yup thats right i'm a Gibson lover live with it

Gear:
Guitars: Yamaha acoustic F100 Gibson Epi Les Paul Special 2
Amps: Kustom 10
TS

If you like it, try out smooth jazz or gypsy jazz. Most gigs only really look for Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock and rarely some heavier stuff (heavier as in maybe Van Halen or Bon Jovi)

A lot of the best guys I know forced themselves to learn how to play jazz so that they could get lots of gigs, and high quality gigs too. i.e he often plays in this nice Balkan themed restaurant where he gets free drinks as long they dont have any alcohol, and the owner often tells the customers to donate some cash to him. He's made 200 bucks in one night there a few times now.

tldr;
Try learning some Jazz. That way, you can play bars and stuff, but you can also play nice restaurants, which often, from what i hear, pay better.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
If you like it and want to play it: learn it.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.