Hi there i thought i might have a go at building a bass distortion pedal of some sort. I'm thinking possibly Green RBM wiring since it appears to be a pretty simple curcit to pull off, plus i should imagine there is scope for doing modification to it. Really it's because i'm bored, i'm not massively bothered about how it turns out, i just want something to do with my soldering iron and also i wouldn't mind seeing if i could pull off building a pedal. The only thing i'm wondering is the actual wiring method, should i use a PCB or what? Obviously PCBs are easier but free wiring is regarded to be more "organic" and also i don't have to buy a PCB either, which is good.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Nov 7, 2009,
I'm not familiar with that circuit. If its a fairly complex circuit, then I'd go PCB to keep down on size. If its a pretty simple design, get yourself some terminal strips and go point to point.
Quote by Matt420740
I'm not familiar with that circuit. If its a fairly complex circuit, then I'd go PCB to keep down on size. If its a pretty simple design, get yourself some terminal strips and go point to point.

Yeah i'm thinking a terminal strip for this one. Give it a look, it's really not that complex:

Dunno what sort of components i'm going to get, i was tempted to get some real nice parts but as i mentioned before i'm not really bothered about whether it's the best distortion pedal in the world, just something with useable sounds. So i guess just standard parts really. There are a lot of rectifier diodes to choose from though, i have no idea which one i'm supposed to get?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
well i ordered all the stuff for this. I also got some stuff from mappos yesterday but sadly i can't upload any pics because my stupid cameras usb stopped working so i have to use the memory card reader in the laptop which isn't here atm.
EH

Pots. Yes, they have a plastic shaft but they were more than £1 each so they must be good!

The footswitch, as it will look like installed. I haven't drilled the pots yet because i want an idea of what it will look like with the knobs.

The in and out jacks. Because this box isn't huge i figured to go for a stereo output with the "ring" being a dry out that i can hook up to a stereo splitter or w/e.

Later, i'll post pics of my wiring plan for the stripboard and (hopefully) when the parts get here, them.
EH

Last edited by eddiehimself at Nov 13, 2009,