Hey. I got an old Univox amp from my grandfather. I've had it for a while, and really like it's clean tone a lot, which has compelled me to try and fix it up. However, I dont have the money to bring it into a shop (it's ancient anyway, so i doubt anyone would be able to). Is ANYONE familiar with this brand of amp? Mine has a Spring Reverb, a (broken) tremelo, a tone knob and a volume knob, 3 instrument imputs, a fuse knob in the back (dont know how it works or if it works), and 2 other imputs, one marked "reverb", the other marked "tremelo". It has one speaker, a mesh front, and is tall. I dont know the model number (anyone know how to find out?).

I read that it's most likely a variation of the U65RN, with 4 knobs itead of 5, and was probably made in 1971.

Even if u arent familiar with it, any suggestions as to what i should do and get? the speaker works fine, but some of the electronics (the reverb and tremelo for start) arent working.

In a word, "HELP!"
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!
Last edited by Mr.LeadGuitar at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by Mr.LeadGuitar
Hey. I got an old Univox amp from my grandfather.
Univox made a lot more than just one amp. You might start with being specific about which amp you have and what your (electronic) skills are.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Univox made a lot more than just one amp. You might start with being specific about which amp you have and what your (electronic) skills are.

I did some research. It's apparently a variation of the U65RN (http://www.univox.org/pics/amps/ssamp.jpg). I couldnt find anything exact, though.

And as for electronic skills, I'm not an EXPERT, but i know alot of electronic stuff, and have friends who know alot too.
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!
Last edited by Mr.LeadGuitar at Nov 7, 2009,