So i just got a washburn Idol, and Im putting a Gibson Burstbucker 2 or 3 in the neck position, and Im looking for a really nice clean sounding pcikup for the bridge. I was thinking a lace alumitone. But i havent been able to actually hear one yet. The pickup im looking for would have to be a humbucker as well, or just fill the space.
isnt the burstbucker the hottest pickup gibson has? why would you want that in the neck and not the bridge?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Oh damn i always get them mixed up, youre right. Other way around, and id like to spend UNDER 120 for the clean pickup.
Quote by westdyolf
isnt the burstbucker the hottest pickup gibson has? why would you want that in the neck and not the bridge?
not even close to the hottest that gibson has... they are moderate in output in every sense.
i'm not a big fan of mixing different brands, but there's really nothing wrong with doing it. it just makes it a little bit more hard to tell what pickups will blend and match well with each other. anyway, i think Dimarzio's Humbucker From Hell would be a good fit. the name is a little misleading, it can sound very P90 like (great cleans from P90s) in the neck position and maybe with the tone rolled down just a little bit. it's a lower output pickup, but can sound pretty damn decent with distortion.

here, this is from dimarzio

Quote by Dimarzio
What if there was a humbucker that cancelled fewer frequencies? It would be brighter and cleaner: almost glassy-sounding. In other words, it would sound a lot like a Strat® pickup, but with about the same power as a PAF®.

i almost used it in a guitar i'm assembling, but decided on a different pickup. anyway, i think it would work well.

EDIT:

Quote by al112987
not even close to the hottest that gibson has... they are moderate in output in every sense.

and this is definitely true, which is why i suggested the Humbucker From Hell. it's classified as a vintage output pickup.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by Tedis1111
try active EMGs

. And a Boss Metal zone and presumably a spider III as well.
Quote by r4ster
. And a Boss Metal zone and presumably a spider III as well.

What's wrong with that....
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What's wrong with that....

Nothing, Phil, it is just the best solution to play any genre, from death metal (just kick in insane preset, and turn the distortion at metal zone up to 10), to smooth clean (use the same settings, just roll tone down), isn't it ?
Quote by r4ster
Nothing, Phil, it is just the best solution to play any genre, from death metal (just kick in insane preset, and turn the distortion at metal zone up to 10), to smooth clean (use the same settings, just roll tone down), isn't it ?

Just as I thought I'm sick of hearing all these noobs saying how the Line 6 Spider III sucks balls and how awesome those to0bs are, honestly people these days are such bandwagoners. And how everyone keeps on saying the active EMG sounds crap through the spider well what they know I highly doubt they've spent hours upon hours fine tuning the eq to give you all the scooped mids that everyone needs to have in their rig. I found the best EQ for the spider was gain - 10, vol - 8, treble - 9, mid - 0, bass - 10, and the two effects knob fully clockwise it was honestly the best sound I've heard and rivals Eric Johnson's tone. It shits me too tears every time someone I know asks me how great Mesa Boogie's sound when I know that I can get that exact same tone and if not better for just a tenth of the price all you're paying for is that fancy metal plate and the name. Same with some another *** I know called TommyT he's on actually and keeps on telling me he has some hughes and kettner amp called the switchblade that's a spider wanna be with it's in built effects and shit. So yeah the spider is without a doubt the best amp that the world has ever heard and if anyone disputes it then they're just a complete ***.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Just as I thought I'm sick of hearing all these noobs saying how the Line 6 Spider III sucks balls and how awesome those to0bs are, honestly people these days are such bandwagoners. And how everyone keeps on saying the active EMG sounds crap through the spider well what they know I highly doubt they've spent hours upon hours fine tuning the eq to give you all the scooped mids that everyone needs to have in their rig. I found the best EQ for the spider was gain - 10, vol - 8, treble - 9, mid - 0, bass - 10, and the two effects knob fully clockwise it was honestly the best sound I've heard and rivals Eric Johnson's tone. It shits me too tears every time someone I know asks me how great Mesa Boogie's sound when I know that I can get that exact same tone and if not better for just a tenth of the price all you're paying for is that fancy metal plate and the name. Same with some another *** I know called TommyT he's on actually and keeps on telling me he has some hughes and kettner amp called the switchblade that's a spider wanna be with it's in built effects and shit. So yeah the spider is without a doubt the best amp that the world has ever heard and if anyone disputes it then they're just a complete ***.

i think he was being sarcastic

theres nothing much wrong with the spider its just that employees apparently push them onto their customers
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i'm not a big fan of mixing different brands, but there's really nothing wrong with doing it. it just makes it a little bit more hard to tell what pickups will blend and match well with each other. anyway, i think Dimarzio's Humbucker From Hell would be a good fit. the name is a little misleading, it can sound very P90 like (great cleans from P90s) in the neck position and maybe with the tone rolled down just a little bit. it's a lower output pickup, but can sound pretty damn decent with distortion.

here, this is from dimarzio

i almost used it in a guitar i'm assembling, but decided on a different pickup. anyway, i think it would work well.

EDIT:

and this is definitely true, which is why i suggested the Humbucker From Hell. it's classified as a vintage output pickup.

the humbucker from hell is really an awesome pup. sounds incredible clean and awesome distorted
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by '93
i think he was being sarcastic

theres nothing much wrong with the spider its just that employees apparently push them onto their customers

And for good reasons too they're without a doubt the best amps ever produced just that so many people are blindsided by the whole to0b business they just get cast a bad name.
Quote by azn_guitarist25

My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon