Hey everyone. Turns out I can play almost every Coheed and Cambria song but I have a serious problem. Turns out I cant sing while playing and im just wondering if it's because i play riffs not chords.

For example on Mother Superior and Always And Never i can play those riffs pretty damn good (props to UG users for helping me out with the tabs) but i cant sing along because i try to fit the guitar to the words, not the other way around. I can sing coheed and cambria fine (with the exception of his weird intonations on the high parts) but every time I try to play and sing shit just doesnt work.

Any tips or techniques would be pretty ****in awesome so please upload solutions or some shit. Thanks guys

Quote by Atb43
we have a singing forum? sonuva bitch!

No, he was being sarcastic.
To answer your question I believe practice is the answer
I would say time it to the drums/count beats in your head.

I can understand on songs like "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3", he starts singing "off the beat", as it would seem. But the song's in 6/8 (I think), and he starts on the next beat or so, making it hard to time where you need to start singing.

All I have to say is just find a part of the song you can follow to remind yourself of where to start singing. Might be hard when you're playing, as well, but that's the practice of it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Nemm
No, he was being sarcastic.
To answer your question I believe practice is the answer

There's a singing forum in MT.
Quote by Atb43
thnks nilp you ferret ****ing bastard, i love you man.

I wouldn't go on that link, it might have horses.
Play Claudio's parts, there obviously designed for him to play while he sings. That's my guess. That and practice, I suppose.
Good luck producing the epicness that is Claudio's vocals.
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird