Its my friends birthday, and i want to get him cool cuz hes my best friend, so im going to spend around 70 pounds for it. He has a Epiphone G-400 and a Marshall Mg (lol, i know, i mock him all the time for it)...i was thinking maybe an overdrive so he can use the clean channel on the mg and get rid of half the problems in it. he plays hard and classic rock mainly.

anything is helpful

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
all my friends stopped having birthdays at around 13, i wish they didn't so i could still get free stuff from them haha.

hmm.... try a proco rat

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
If you want to get a distortion pedal, find out what his favourite guitarist uses and get him that one.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I don't know if the MG will take kindly to an overdrive. I haven't tried it, but its something to look out for.

As for other suggestions I have no clue. He's your friend so you should know better than us I'd like a nice delay or reverb pedal though, those are always cool.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by breadstick
If you want to get a distortion pedal, find out what his favourite guitarist uses and get him that one.

his favourite guitarrist is Slash, or Van Halen
not sure if either of them use overdrie pedals really
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Maybe check out a Pro Co Rat distortion pedal. From my experiences, OD pedals don't do much for solid state amps. Maybe it's just me, but idk
ProCo rat = horrible on an MG. If you can get a little more, or look used, a Blackstar HT-Dist will improve the MG unbelievably.

breadstick: How would that help anything than his fanboyism? His fave guitarist will undoubtably have thousands of £ worth of equipment to use with that pedal and it will sound completely different through his setup.

EDIT: MG's don't really like overdrive either from my experience. Slash & Eddie don't use pedals to get their sound it's more amp than anything else. In which case you could try a Catlainbread (sp?) Dirty Little Secret which is like a JCM800 in a pedal. Might work again it is a bit out of your budget though.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by SimplyBen
ProCo rat = horrible on an MG. If you can get a little more, or look used, a Blackstar HT-Dist will improve the MG unbelievably.

breadstick: How would that help anything than his fanboyism? His fave guitarist will undoubtably have thousands of £ worth of equipment to use with that pedal and it will sound completely different through his setup.

Yeah, a tube distortion pedal would probably be even better.
Quote by Laslow
yeah don't get an od get a distortion pedal.

you just opposed everyone else in this thread
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo

I suggested the exact same thing & LukeBTH agreed... OD will sound bad through an MG, distortion however can sound pretty okay through an MG,
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by alexdoabismo

everyone else is wrong then. but i'm pretty sure everyone else said what i said. and for good reason. as shit as mg's are, an od is gonna make no difference, whereas a distortion through the clean will give at least an acceptable sound til he buys a new amp.