Hey,

I was wondering whether anyone over here on UG knows of/is watching MLG Anaheim right now. For those of you that don't know, MLG is a league of competitive gaming with Halo 3 as it's flagship game, but also including WoW and GoW2. So, anyone here watching it? And anyone here a well known part of the community?
Not watching but I've been looking for feeds like this, link?
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Maybe I'd watch if they were actually playing a good game.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Maybe I'd watch if they were actually playing a good game.

I know man, but you gotta go with what you're given. I wish they still played H1 on the circuit but apparently it won't happen.
I would watch if you gave us a fucking link.

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
My friend is going to MLG Toronto next year. He's pro and sponsored and all that stuff.

I don't see how becoming "pro" at a video game helps later in life.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by RG5EX1
My friend is going to MLG Toronto next year. He's pro and sponsored and all that stuff.

I don't see how becoming "pro" at a video game helps later in life.

It doesn't really, unless you become a game developer. It's just like how playing music might earn you a few bucks, but in the end the best you're probably gonna be able to get out of it is being a music teacher. Especially with the amount of artists these days.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
It doesn't really, unless you become a game developer. It's just like how playing music might earn you a few bucks, but in the end the best you're probably gonna be able to get out of it is being a music teacher. Especially with the amount of artists these days.

True. I can see how they relate, but I consider music ability to be a life long talent. Think about it, with musical ability you can share that knowledge with those around you. People can appreciate the music and you can pass it on to your children, and your grandchildren.

With video games, it seems that once you a certain age, it becomes obsolete. All of those wasted hours for nothing. No life skill at all other than some eye-hand coordination.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by RG5EX1
True. I can see how they relate, but I consider music ability to be a life long talent. Think about it, with musical ability you can share that knowledge with those around you. People can appreciate the music and you can pass it on to your children, and your grandchildren.

With video games, it seems that once you a certain age, it becomes obsolete. All of those wasted hours for nothing. No life skill at all other than some eye-hand coordination.

But when you look back on your life on your deathbed, you can remember all those chicks you banged because they were so into your headshot skills.

o wait
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by RG5EX1

You may eventually have more important things to do than play video games, but you'll never forget them. Not really wasted hours if you had a good time, are they? Much the same as watching a movie.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by RG5EX1

I always thought it was for enjoyment - atleast that's how I am. Sure, I may spend a lot of time playing games, but if I enjoy it what does someone else care? As long as I have all my things in order, it's perfectly fine. However, all the "pro" gamers I've met are normally giant tools who think that their "talent" is considerably more important than it is.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."