I am thinking of buying one of these microphones to record my guitar playing on. It is from this site: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350272773581 It is only $10.47 USD, heck I have spent more then that for a bad night at the movies that me and the wife slept all the way through.

Anyone ever get one of these, are they any good, any problems, let me know your thoughts?
Last edited by BigDC at Nov 7, 2009,
You know why it's only $10?

it probably sucks.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
thats shit

if you wana record your guitar you need an interface and a mic thats not shit for guitars or shit in general

get an interface then a sm57

maybe he's looking for a lo-fi sound...
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
thats shit

if you wana record your guitar you need an interface and a mic thats not shit for guitars or shit in general

get an interface then a sm57

Interface, what do you mean? Also, what is wrong with that mic, please explain that as well?

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
maybe he's looking for a lo-fi sound...

What do you mean lo-fi?
That mic you posted in your first post may probably sound no better than the mic that comes with a computer headset.
If you're recording to archive your own songs and riffs, that alright, because you probably aren't going to worry about the quality of the sound, but if you're trying to get some good 'studio quality' sound, an SM57 would be great.
What he means by interface is a computer program and/or a piece of hardware that you can record onto. There's no point in owning a mic if you can't use it.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by BigDC
Interface, what do you mean? Also, what is wrong with that mic, please explain that as well?

What do you mean lo-fi?

listen to early Iron & Wine.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
USB Condenser Mic? Am I the only one that saw that?

I dont know of any cheap mics that would be great for recording, but try some Samson mics, there like $40-60 and are alright for the price, but you will have to buy a interface to even use them, and interfaces are about $200.