My band is starting to look into getting some live shows and i want my sound to be as good as i can get it at loud volumes with the stuff i have until i get a new amp in January. I have a Ibanez TBX150R combo and a Jackson DXMG your help is greatly appreciated.
two very important points are don't overdo it on the gain, keep it reasonably otherwise all that will be audible is mush and it would just not cut through at all, another point is don't do what lots of metal guys do and scoop the mids, keep the mids at 4 at the very least. Mids are what will help you cut through the mix (especially if there is another guitarist). Apart from that if the venue (or you) have the equipment try to mic up, otherwise you are in for a long and unpleasant night.
Quote by flyingcheckmark
My band is starting to look into getting some live shows and i want my sound to be as good as i can get it at loud volumes with the stuff i have until i get a new amp in January. I have a Ibanez TBX150R combo and a Jackson DXMG your help is greatly appreciated.

What is your new amp going to be in jan out of curiosity? the TBX150 isnt the best amp to crank so I would try to run it through a PA at a lower volume.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
ive been leaning tword the bugera 6262 or 33xl im aware of the occult follwing of hate tword that amp but i am sure its better than mine and its cheaper than peavey,mesa ect...
micing just makes it easier to control the mix, somebody working a soundboard has a much better perspective of what the audience is hearing than the performers do so it's just better for equalizing sound levels. Like I said it isn't necessary but it is always a plus if the venue has the equipment.
Quote by flyingcheckmark
ive been leaning tword the bugera 6262 or 33xl im aware of the occult follwing of hate tword that amp but i am sure its better than mine and its cheaper than peavey,mesa ect...

I've played the 6262 and it sounds incredibly close to a peavy 6505+. Solid amp for the price I don't see how anyone could hate it unless they were trying to take it for more than it is.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Mic'd/not miced makes a huge difference. Unmiked, your tone comes from one source and has to fill in everything, but if it's miced, you'd EQ it totall differently because the sound is spread differently through the system.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
thanks for the mic tips i am aware of micing but it didnt come across my mind untill you said it and the 6262 sounds very good its just that i work at wallmart and if that's any indication of my financial situation than you could very easily understand why im looking at anything thats good AND cheap. lol
I own a TBX and I hate it. I wouldn't recommend you play a gig with that amp. :\
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp