Hey guys.

Our band is working on a lineup change and sort of heading in a new direction. The latest song idea we have is "Within Silence". It's not finished yet--basically three riffs. We're going to add an intro and some kind of bridge thing but haven't been able to come up with anything yet. We're trying to find a new singer, and are currently auditioning two so hopefully we'll have a track with vocals up pretty soon. Anyway, let us know what you think of it so far.

http://www.myspace.com/kryostate -- Within Silence

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Aaron.C at Nov 7, 2009,
Sounds really good, I liked the intro alot, but the rhythm guitar and bass seems a bit boring with that riff.

At 1:08 I didn't really care for that little bridge.

I also think the intro is repeated a bit too much throughout the song.

Overall really good, I would say 4/5.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
Sounds really good, I liked the intro alot, but the rhythm guitar and bass seems a bit boring with that riff.

At 1:08 I didn't really care for that little bridge.

I also think the intro is repeated a bit too much throughout the song.

Overall really good, I would say 4/5.

Thanks, man. We were actually thinking about tacking on an intro and using that first riff as our 'verse'..so maybe that will keep it from just being so repetitious.

Really the bridge isn't that good? That was our favorite part of the song hahaha. We were actually thinking about doubling that section. Maybe we should rethink that?
Liked it, nice, fat, main riff, and the verse was unsettling, in a nice way. The song got a huge weight to carry making the verses not feel repetitive thought, but it could be done.

Gotta second BigProjekt about the bridge though. It´s not that it´s contrasting, it just feels out of place. You got any keyboards? Could help making the verse and main riff more intresting with some nice piano background and synth leads respectively.

ps I really like Shadows. Listen to Paradise Lost, Tiamat or Type O Negative?

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227940
Thanks!

No, we don't really have a keyboardist, but we've thought about getting one before. We just didn't know if a keyboardist would add much to our sound. Do you happen to know of any artists/bands that sort of do what your talking about with the keys so we can try to get some new influence? There should be a vocal track added soon so hopefully we'll see if it can work out the repetition.

Thanks for checking out shadows, too The other guitarist is a huge Paradise Lost fan, so I guess it's understandable some of that style bled through.