Poll: Pick a college, any college.
Poll Options
View poll results: Pick a college, any college.
FIU
0 0%
UCF
6 27%
USF
7 32%
Other
9 41%
Voters: 22.
I live in Florida and scholarships confine choices to only Florida. I am thinking either FIU, UCF, or USF (although if you have a better suggestion tell me why). And to give a little background I am wanting to do engineering (most likely Biomedical) or medicine. But as an added bonus I am learning Russian and therefore would like have a minor in the language and possibly study abroad.

Give me your personal experiences and knowledge. I would just like to hear at least a few thoughtful responses .
If your looking into a future in Biology, USF has a really good program. They have invested alot of money and resources in building that program, they have new buildings and equipment, ect.
Last edited by diminishedtobme at Nov 7, 2009,
it depends if you wanna stay close.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Dude UCF?

Screw college and join UFC instead. Same letters in a different order, and you get to fight people for a living. That's also rather close of KFC... hm, I'm gonna have to go excuse myself and get some chiggen', brb.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
UF don't know anything about the school but at least they have a good football team.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Your having the Pit choose your college?

I don't that's what you should be worrying about.

Don't really think do you?

I cannot help you otherwise because I live in Canada and only know about the universities in my area so I'll leave you with this...

USF.
Last edited by Kurt-Corgan at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by RHCP987123
it depends if you wanna stay close.

Where I live doesn't matter because if I want to go to college then it will have to be far away. What I am saying is that all of these colleges are worlds away from my place.
Quote by Zephyr-Chills
I live in Florida and scholarships confine choices to only Florida. I am thinking either FIU, UCF, or USF (although if you have a better suggestion tell me why). And to give a little background I am wanting to do engineering (most likely Biomedical) or medicine. But as an added bonus I am learning Russian and therefore would like have a minor in the language and possibly study abroad.

Give me your personal experiences and knowledge. I would just like to hear at least a few thoughtful responses .

Go to UCF. I'm a student there. We have great programs for Engineering and BiodMed students. One of my roommates is in engineering and loves it. It's a great campus and really big. It's more of a modern campus than other Florida universities. There's always something to do and we're only half a hour from the theme parks (40 minutes tops, except if you're to Disney, maybe 45 minutes. Depends, but it's not far!)! Plus, anything and everything you want in terms of food and retail is only within a few miles of the campus (Best Buy, 3 Wal-Marts, a billion Game Stops, various outlet stores and shopping plazas are only with 1-2 [maybe less] miles from campus). It's so much fun and living isn't that expensive. Right now I pay $600 a month for everything. All I need is grocery money and extra spending money. Next year I'm getting a house with some friends and rent is $288 plus $100 for utilities. Not bad. Go check it out. It's a fantastic school. Currently the largest school in Florida and 3rd largest in the United States.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by Warheart1188 at Nov 7, 2009,
I'm guessing you didn't apply to UF/aren't good enough? Honestly UF and UM are the only quality schools in Florida with FSU/UCF/USF making up a second tier in that order.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
I'm guessing you didn't apply to UF/aren't good enough? Honestly UF and UM are the only quality schools in Florida with FSU/UCF/USF making up a second tier in that order.

Oh **** UF and UM. You only get in if you can afford it and you're likely to fail anyway. Everyone I know that went to UF and UM are douchebags and almost failed out of college. Seriously. They're only good because they have good football teams. That's it. PERIOD.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Warheart1188
Oh **** UF and UM. You only get in if you can afford it and you're likely to fail anyway. Everyone I know that went to UF and UM are douchebags and almost failed out of college. Seriously. They're only good because they have good football teams. That's it. PERIOD.

Someone seems a little butthurt they didn't get in.

Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by Aaron0612
Someone seems a little butthurt they didn't get in.

Yea, like I tried to get in those schools. **** that.
Quote by Warheart1188

Someone's bitter. You realize pretty much anyone who can get into UF can afford it because (almost) full bright futures has practically the same requirements. And you can say that about pretty much every private school, UM is no different.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
Someone's bitter. You realize pretty much anyone who can get into UF can afford it because (almost) full bright futures has practically the same requirements. And you can say that about pretty much every private school, UM is no different.

Not everyone has Bright Futures. Even so, Bright Futures is counting for less each year. Like I said before, everyone at UF and UM are douchbags and stupid. They have money and the smarts but waste both on getting high and drunk and they fail. I could've gotten into either school easily but UCF is more of my kind of school. And in terms of location, it's so much better than UF or UM. I'm not they're really bad schools, only that I wouldn't go there nor do I encourage anybody to go there with the experiences my friends have have had.
Last edited by Warheart1188 at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Your having the Pit choose your college?

I don't that's what you should be worrying about.

This.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by Warheart1188
Like I said, everyone at UF and UM are douchbags and stupid. They have money and the smarts but waste both on getting high and drunk and they fail. I could've gotten into either school easily but UCF is more of my kind of school. And in terms of location, it's so much better than UF or UM. I'm not they're really bad schools, only that I wouldn't go there nor do I encourage anybody to go there with the experiences my friends have have had.

I guess I'm a stupid douchebag who stereotypes all UCF students as stupid douchebags who couldn't get into UF/UM then. You'll go far in life kid.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2

Well, I forgot to apply to UF and I heard that the HIV/aids rate in Miami is about 2/3 so call me stupid/ paranoid but I don't want Aids. Who knows, I may still apply to UM.
Quote by Zephyr-Chills
Well, I forgot to apply to UF and I heard that the HIV/aids rate in Miami is about 2/3 so call me stupid/ paranoid but I don't want Aids. Who knows, I may still apply to UM.

I think Dade county has one of the highest rates of news AIDS patients in the country. As long as you keep you dick in your pants and use your brain you should be good. But you'd automatically turn into a drunk, high douchbag if you go there so you'll probably get it anyway.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by Warheart1188

UF is a state school just like UCF and the others mentioned. Anyone who can afford UCF can afford UF too. Ha just admit that you didn't get in.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by sk8boardbob2
I guess I'm a stupid douchebag who stereotypes all UCF students as stupid douchebags who couldn't get into UF/UM then. You'll go far in life kid.

I'm sure I've gone farther than you already. Oh and I like you refer to me as a kid. Funny.
Quote by Led man32
UF is a state school just like UCF and the others mentioned. Anyone who can afford UCF can afford UF too. Ha just admit that you didn't get in.

Didn't get in? I didn't even bother to try to go to that wretched place. Gainesville sucks ass.
Quote by Zephyr-Chills

As someone from Miami, no. Just don't stick your dick in anything that looks sleazier than Paris Hilton and you should be fine.

Anyway, UCF. It's where I'm going once I have a little extra money. For now I'm at FIU as a robotics major and it's kinda meh. We have a really good engineering program and our biomed engi department is huge, but UCF is NASA grant school, so that's your best bet in the state for an engineering program...
Last edited by Seref at Nov 7, 2009,
Bright Future's eh? Well, If I were you, I would go UCF. That's where I plan on going.

And to Warheart, how is UCF's Graphic Design course?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Warheart1188

Florida, maybe. I don't know much about it. But that's not the case with UM. I'm a freshman here.

Yes it's an expensive school, but they're loaded so they have plenty of scholarship money to give away. I'm in the music program so I'm speaking mostly from my experience in that regard, but there's nobody in the music school who's a douchebag and the faculty is excellent. Everyone here is super nice and there are tons of killer players. Sure there are your typical bros around but that's going to be the case with any college. I don't have to deal with them. To put it simply, you're grossly generalizing the entire population and experience of a really good school.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...