Just got my Blackheart Handsome Devil Combo on Thursday. Couldn't play it til Friday evening, and didn't get to crank it til today. Let me say first of all that it's an amazing amp. It has gorgeous warm cleans that will break up exactly when or if you need them to. It also sounds amazing when the power section is driven hard.

It sounded great at my house (lower volumes) on Friday, but when I got it to my rehearsal place and turned it up properly it had an awful hum and hiss problem. I reckon this is either to do with the wiring in the rehearsal place, the amount of cables running all over the floor or the fact that my cables are the same ones I've used since 2003.

If I unplug all cables and leave the amp running on full vol there's nothing but the slight white noise you'd expect from cranked EL84 power tubes. So... it has to be my pickups picking up interference or some problem with the shielding on my cables, right? Maybe there's just too much electrical stuff running in the rehearsal place. Or it could be the halogen lighting?

It's weird. I've never really had major trouble with this before, but I've been using an ISP Decimator in my old amp's effects loop for the past year and just probably never noticed there was anything wrong. Saying that, I was never able to hear a diffenerce in tone between running my guitar straight into my amp, as opposed to through my pedal board before, but it's definitely there now...

Has anyone else had noise problems with the Handsome Devil, or is it just (I'm pretty sure it is, but just checking) my old ass cables?
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
its probly the power in the place u shuld get a power conditioner and plug ur gear into it and also dont have ur guitar cables running parallel with electric cables
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by NiTrO_FrEeZiNg
Maybe your guitar's what's wrong. I'd check the cables shielding.

BUMP:

How do you know when a cable has served its purpose, and needs replacing? Apart from it breaking or falling apart, obviously...
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.