My Dad has an old Fender Newporter that he bought when he was a teenager. It's a small body acoustic with stratocaster/tele style neck. I grew up playing this guitar and always loved it. I've been wanting to buy one for myself but have had a hard time locating one.
So, what are some other types of acoustics with electric necks? The only thing I've managed to come up with is the Fender Redondo. But those seem to be even rarer (and apparently not as good as the newporter was, although information concerning both seems to be scarce.)
The only guitars I know of with electric style necks are Fender Sonorans, but they're not very good guitars.

The next closest thing is an Ovation, but those don't sound good at all IMO
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
In know Cort made a series of "Strat" width nylon string guitars maybe the same for steel

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Yes the only thin neck i would steer well away from is the Stratacoustic i have one & they are a piece of crap. Mind you they sound fine "plugged in" but the name sort of tells you it was designed to be an accoustic wrong I bought it 2 > 3 years ago , hated it so gave it to my daughter as she loved the look of it. [They certainly look great] however im into what they sound like.

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
yeah i have one of those stratacoustics ^. Its a good beginners guitar, very easy to play, but it sounds a bit thin and hollow with no resonance or sustain. I think there are better guitars out there for that sort of money e.g yamaha
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
yes the Yamaha's i would agree with but i think the most important thing, isnt the thickness or nut width, it is the fretboard radius, as this is the bit that my barre-ing finger needs to fit nicely agasinst to keep clean chords
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I think Ibanez makes one like that I'm not sure
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30