I am just curious if anyone has tried the new Eric Johnson Jazz lll's? I was buying a speaker cable at guitar center when I saw that they had EJ Jazz lll"s and I figured it was a "signature" gimmick but I was completely wrong. The only thing wrong with the Jazz lll's I always use was the lack of grip but these ones feel so good in my hands. There is also slightly more bend to them and to me the rebound feels awesome when you play fast.
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
They aren't exactly new. They've been out for a while. I like them better than regular Jazz IIIs. They sound and feel more like the old ones apparently.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Have you tried the Tortex Jazz III? Those are my personal favorite, I'd like to know how they stack up and if it's worth trying the EJs.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
Those amber colored, super rigid Jazz III's are amazing. I wish i could find some.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I like their feel and tone.
But is it worth 1 dollar more for the 6 picks set? imo no, but only because the Ultex's cost just as much as the Nylons.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I like their feel and tone.
But is it worth 1 dollar more for the 6 picks set? imo no, but only because the Ultex's cost just as much as the Nylons.

I paid £2.50 for 3 normal jazz3s which is about $4
Quote by troyponce
Have you tried the Tortex Jazz III? Those are my personal favorite, I'd like to know how they stack up and if it's worth trying the EJs.

Tortex Jazz III's? do you mean Ultex or Tortex Jazz. I've searched for those but can't find em. I like my tortex's a lot, but I'd like to find a place that sells Tortex Jazz III's
I was just playing with the JazzIIIs more rounded corners, not the tip, it works pretty good too for a different tone and less attack.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by Naptime
Tortex Jazz III's? do you mean Ultex or Tortex Jazz. I've searched for those but can't find em. I like my tortex's a lot, but I'd like to find a place that sells Tortex Jazz III's

just buy thick tortex picks and cut them into jazz 3 shapes. For the rounded edges ive used toenail clippers before.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
just buy thick tortex picks and cut them into jazz 3 shapes. For the rounded edges ive used toenail clippers before.

They come in jazz thickness? I have the 1.0 and 1.14's, which were the thickest at my local store.
Quote by Naptime
They come in jazz thickness? I have the 1.0 and 1.14's, which were the thickest at my local store.

1.14 is still pretty thick, but i get what you're saying (i use 3.0's)... pretty sure tortex also comes in a 2.0