If I took an Epiphone EB3 and threw a DiMarzio Model One in it, could I keep the original silver pickup cover, or does it HAVE to be the cover that comes with it??
I've never gotten a very good look at a DiMarzio Model One, but from what I know of it, I think you are going to have to use it as is. The pickup was designed in connection with Billy Sheehan, and he has said on several occasions that his pickups are built so that they dont move up and down under pressure, like normal spring-mounted pickups. If you can remove the cover and replace it with your stock metal cover, then it should work. But if the cover doesn't lift off easily once the mounting screws are removed, then I suspect it was designed to be an integral part of the pickup. Your best bet would be to e-mail DiMarzio's customer service and ask them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Much more help than I would've given to someone that impatient and rude.

+1

Being rude will get you nowhere, TS. This is a forum so people arent going to respond immediately.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Dude. CALM THE **** DOWN! This is not the pit, where you get spammed with responses within 1 minute. I'd actually concider shunning him for this behavior. It's not like you've been waiting for a month or so. And this is no serious matter.
Quote by twdavis13
could someone ****ing REPLY please???

learn some manners, you would be best asking DiMarzio tbh.

Whats it with new forum users being rather abrupt like a bunch of spoiled 13 y/o's *rages*
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Tis your fault anyways. Two reasons.

1. You're rude
2. You bought an Epiphone
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
well, i didnt mean to be so rude, but it just seemed like it was taking forever, plus I was ina pretty irritable mood last nite!!!
Last edited by twdavis13 at Nov 8, 2009,
Which is more important to you, the sound, or the pickup cover? If you want the sound, buy the pickup, install it, see if the cover comes off. If not, then your stuck with how the model one normally looks (IMO better then the original), if it does, then simply swap the covers since the model one is a drop-in replacement.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
chrome paint?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
wat.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
i would just suck it up dude
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I'm really a guitar player, but I got an Epiphone EB-0 bass recently to dabble with, and possibly record my own demos. The bass was cheap (bought it used) but not cheaply made, even though Korean. Good sustain and playability. The stock pickup, however, was muddy and unresponsive. Notes would fart out too much on the E string.
The Model One is a bass position humbucker. This bass uses only one pickup. It's history is Jack Bruce, Andy Fraser, etc. so think about that deep bottom end, not clean and punchy like a good J-bass or P-bass. I like this bassy tone, but needed more headroom, more punch, more bite, since I'm using a small Hartke amp.
I got what I was looking for. The Model One retains all of the deep tone of the classic EB-0, but adds more top end to cut through a mix and liven up a small amp. I'm sure it's even better through a big amp