hey guys. i've been curious for a while, does anyone here know what amps acdc used during the highway to hell era? mainly for the album versions, not live. i know theyre known to use jtm45's, jmp's, i think plexi's, and rarely jcm 800's. if anyone knows which ones they used for the album recordings of highway to hell, please let me know. thanks!
Honestly, i don't know. But any Marshall tube amp would get that sound.

AC/DC is pretty easy. Three chords, a minor pentatonic scale, a mahogany guitar with humbuckers and a Marshall voiced amp.

Not that i don't love them, i'm just saying they aren't very secretive with their tone.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
Honestly, i don't know. But any Marshall tube amp would get that sound.

AC/DC is pretty easy. Three chords, a minor pentatonic scale, a mahogany guitar with humbuckers and a Marshall voiced amp.

Not that i don't love them, i'm just saying they aren't very secretive with their tone.

well i know that. but i would like to know what amps they used during that time period
It was a marshall, I know that. Thats what angus likes to play out of
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Then wikipedia it or something. It can't be that hard to figure it out on your own. Any difference in amps on one AC/DC recording to the next is purely convenience related, it's not like Angus and Malcolm were gearheads to the extreme and cared enough to whine about whether it was a Plexi or a JCM.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
His main amp is a JTM45 beyond that id say search the gearslutz forums
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Any oldschool Marshall on 10 will do the ACDC sound well enough that you won't notice.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Young mainly uses the Marshall model 1959 100 watt Super Lead Plexi (reissued as the SLPX with the X denoting added, but bypassable features.) heads and model 1960 AX and BX 4x12 cabinets with Celestion G12M "Greenbacks".... this is from wiki...
Young mainly uses the Marshall model 1959 100 watt Super Lead Plexi (reissued as the SLPX with the X denoting added, but bypassable features.) heads and model 1960 AX and BX 4x12 cabinets with Celestion G12M "Greenbacks".[12]
Angus tells Celestion speakers that:
“ From High Voltage to Black Ice, it's been Celestion guitar speakers all the way. ”
[12]
Angus Young has used JMP 50 and JTM 45 heads in the studio. He used JMP 50 most notably on Back In Black. Ballbreaker was almost all recorded with JTM 45's. Angus does have a black flag JMP50 and there is an isolation box under the stage during live performances with either a JTM 45 or JMP 50 running through them mixed with the onstage amplifiers to get the mix through the PA.

Angus and Malcolm Young both use Marshall amplifiers. The amps stacked behind Malcolm onstage are two original Marshall 100 watt heads, one 1966 JTM45/100 and one late Superbass from the late 1960s or early 1970s. Each head powers two 4 × 12 cabinets. Malcolm also uses custom-made Wizard amps on tour. Malcolm's main amp, since recording Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in 1976, is a slightly modified Marshall Superbass from the late 1960s or the early 1970s. On Ballbreaker, he used a Marshall JTM45/100 with KT66s and a high B+ voltage (625 volts). In a recent interview with Marshall Law, Malcolm mentions his two favourite amps: a Superbass and old Super amp (JTM45/100).
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
JMP 50 and JTM 45 were the amps Angus used for recording
Malcolm used JTM 45/100 and Superbass amps
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!