I recently got my ears pierced. About 5 weeks after having them done, they both got really infected (swollen, discoloration, large pus-filled bulges on te back of the lobe) but I managed to cure them and the went back to normal for a couple days, no pain or swelling at all. Just today however, my ears began to hurt again. the weird thing is, they aren't swollen or discolored and there is no pus in them, no sign of infection, yet there is intense pain right on the hole where the piercing is. Does anyone know what this is or could be, or have any idea of how to make it stop?
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
I suggest taking this to the Body Mod thread.
Also, it could be scar tissue/keloids
or another infection coming on.
What are you doing to clean your ears?

edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578721
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by deucedeucemr2 at Nov 7, 2009,
ya or call the guy who did your piercing
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
I just use warm salt water and i used polysporin when it was infected.
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
might be that your ears don't agree with the material the piercing is made off. There are certain kinds of that i can't wear and if i do i start having problems with my ears.
It's pretty normal for them to hurt 5 weeks after you got them pierced you might have slept on them funny
mine hurt every once in a blue moon and i've had them pierced for years
It might have to do with the gaping hole in your ear.

On a more serious note, I would call up the person that did your piercing.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
are they proper silver?? if not i would go get some to put in!! just may be an allergic reaction to cheap metal.... :/
As stated, maybe a change of jewelry when I got my ears pierced (granted it was at 4mm) but i had glass plugs in, and they just would not take it. I can't wear glass jewelry at all or my piercings freak out.
Try that, don't use any ointments, don't use peroxide, or soap.
Stick to sea salt and warm water.
1/4 tsp + 8oz warm water. and just hold it against your ear.
If it is in-fact scar tissue, i'd recommend buying some Chamomile tea bags and adding that to the mixture of sea salt water. or holding the actual tea bag against your ear.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.