Poll: Do You Think Drugs in our Schools are Out of Control
Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Think Drugs in our Schools are Out of Control
Yes
48 44%
No
62 56%
Voters: 110.
I have noticed that a rather lot of kids at my highschool smoke pot, take prescription pills, or go and drink all night. I am highly opposed to drugs(not like asprin or tylenol) because my mom used to be addicted to prescription pills. Thankfully, she quit about two years ago so thats all good.
But what are your guys opinions on this? Do you feel the same or do you think that this is OK?
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
Do you know what has become incredibly ramped in my area. oxy's, It's sad actually. Extremely addicting and a horrible high, waste of money
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
I don't care what other people do as long as it doesn't affect me negatively.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
I say let em do what they want.

They'll take care of themselves eventually. And by that I mean they'll die off.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by TheElectricity
Drugs, Alcohol, and Our Highschools
My High School didn't supply drugs or alcohol.
It was a bring-your-own kind of arrangement.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Most of the kids at my school just drink and smoke pot. Which wouldn't be too bad if they stayed at home and did it and didn't go out and drive afterward. Just last week 4 of our starting football players were in a bad wreck because they were drunk and driving around. They didn't get punished though (just happened to be a playoff week).
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Last edited by slash4114 at Nov 7, 2009,
Man, I helped drugs and alcohol get out of control in school. I smoked weed, drank and sometimes slanged blow in the bathrooms. Yes I know, Im a little trouble maker.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Last edited by avenged_7_fold at Nov 7, 2009,
At least 70% - 90% of the kids in my school either do or use to do drugs and alcohol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by sketchy z
Do you know what has become incredibly ramped in my area. oxy's, It's sad actually. Extremely addicting and a horrible high, waste of money

yeah mine too..its hilarious and saddening at the same time when you see em do it
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
Quote by TheElectricity
I have noticed that a rather lot of kids at my highschool smoke pot, take prescription pills, or go and drink all night. I am highly opposed to drugs(not like asprin or tylenol) because my mom used to be addicted to prescription pills. Thankfully, she quit about two years ago so thats all good.
But what are your guys opinions on this? Do you feel the same or do you think that this is OK?

Whether you are against them yourself or not should only matter in your personal decision to take them. People should not be able to tell me what I can and cannot put in my body. Even if it is dangerous, it's my body and noone else but me has to deal with it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I don't think it's all that bad. Of course you always have the group of druggies, but for the most part, any recreational users keep it away from school.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
How could you be against something you've never done before that is so readily available?
smoking and drinking is common, not a problem with that

coke is on the rise though, that shit is no good
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Not in my area, my school is a pretty healthy place now that I think of it, althought it's a whole other story in public schools.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

It's not drugs or alcohol that's the problem, it's the idiots that abuse them and make stupid decisions before, during and after using them that's the problem. If you want to go out and drink till you pass out, then go ahead, just make sure you have a designated driver and don't endanger the lives of others.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Lol i can literally only think of 2 people in my high school that didn't do anything like that. It doesn't bug me, but there were kids that would be ****in high off their asses everyday so i think it did get a bit out of control
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
hasn't it always been like that? man, i hear stories from my mom and the stuff that's going on now isn't very different.

kids are just take stronger stuff these days. its kinda sad to see people passing out in class or staring at the boards trying to catch the words bouncing around. i don't have a problem with the weed, but coming to class on bars is pretty messed up.

tons of kids have been getting caught with drugs in and out of school. usually school security will let it slide. they avoid getting the cops involved at any cost and if you meet the right cop he'll just take the stuff off your hands and let you walk away with a warning.
The rain is on the roof
Hurry high butterfly
As clouds roll past my head
I know why the skys all cry
- om, 68', moody blues
Doesn't really bother me, never has. I smoke weed some times, and plenty of people at my school do other drugs. I know some people will drop some acid or eat some shrooms before going to art or music class, other than that nothing out of the normal. You hear of people doing coke and stuff like that, but I've yet to see anyone do it. Drinking on the other hand, is getting out of control. Personally, I don't like alcohol. I'll have some every now and then with my family, but otherwise I don't like the taste and it just doesn't make me feel too good.
Yes, I do think it's becoming a bit out of control. But on the same issue, things with drugs and alcohol and school aren't far off from what it was 30 years ago.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
for 99% of kids, its not a problem. But at every party, campfire, whatever it happens to be, there's always one asshole who has one too many beers, or takes one too many bong rips, then goes over the edge and ruins their friend's night.

Not to mention the carpet...
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by sketchy z

nah lol. the opiate high is the best high.

what i find highly ironic about the situation is that out of the whole lot mentioned, alcohol is probably the hardest to obtain for minors.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Whats wrong with pot and drinking?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
do people smoking pot actually affect you? or do you just like to brag about how cool and mature you are coz you dont smoke pot and drink all night? let them do what they ****ing want solong as theyre not actually hurting anything
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

what i find highly ironic about the situation is that out of the whole lot mentioned, alcohol is probably the hardest to obtain for minors.

That's surprisingly true.
Despite that I never have tried any form of drugs (obviously excluding things like normal dosages of Tylenol and such), back in high school I knew of at least 5 people that I could go to that would probably sell me whatever, and many more who could point me to someone.

No one at my school ever really came to class high though, excluding some of the modified people. Still, from a survey back in grade 9, something like 30% of the regular math class tried weed at one point, and about 48% of the advanced math class. By grade 12, I'd say that 48% was probably up to 2/3 of the class judging by who was in my class. :P
Drugs and alcohol are completely common in high school, and they usually (not always) aren't that big of a deal.

Luckily, my school only has drinkers and pot smokers, and the few people that do hallucinogens/mdma are responsible about it. I don't think there are even any hard drug users here either.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
Doesn't really bother me, never has. I smoke weed some times, and plenty of people at my school do other drugs. I know some people will drop some acid or eat some shrooms before going to art or music class, other than that nothing out of the normal. You hear of people doing coke and stuff like that, but I've yet to see anyone do it. Drinking on the other hand, is getting out of control. Personally, I don't like alcohol. I'll have some every now and then with my family, but otherwise I don't like the taste and it just doesn't make me feel too good.

I couldn't imagine being in my music classes on shrooms. I'd probably by sobbing from how beautiful the music sounded or some shit
People have been saying "Kids these days..." for ten thousand years. I've never had any mind-altering substances (save for one amazing week when I had pain pills following my wisdom teeth removal), and I certainly don't approve of them, but I think this generation will be okay.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
My school did an anonymous survey and around 90% of the students smoked weed more than once. Less than 3% even tried anything harder than weed. This just means we should legalize.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
i don't think drugs and alcohol are that big of a problem at my school. a lot of kids drink everynow and then, some more than others. some smoke pot, and an even smaller number do a few other drugs. there was one kid who used to smoke a joint before he came to school a couple times a week, but they set him up and he got expelled last week.
Quote by merfsullivan
Every time I come to the Pit it makes me wonder if the word retard is being thrown out nearly enough....

Sydal Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
wow, i can think of one person in my grade who's done drugs, and bout 3/4 of my grade has drunk alcohol, so no its not really a problem in my school