I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now with the same amp (Roland Cube 20x), and I've played in a few talent shows at school and etc. I've noticed that it really isn't loud enough to cover a whole gym, and at band practice, I can't hear anything but the drums.

I'm looking for a new album, tube or modelling. My budget is around $400-500 CDN. I'm willing to go used but I'd prefer to have new equipment.

I play a lot of stuff, mainly pop-punk like Blink-182, All Time Low, etc, but also some metal like Between the Buried and Me and Protest the Hero (kinda weird combination).

So far a few amps I'm interested in are the Peavey 6505+ 112 combo amp and the Vox VT50.
Where in Canada do you live? I can check your Craigslist.

You're probably looking for something over 15 watts tube, over 40 watts SS.
Check on Craigslist for any used Traynors, Peavey Classic 30s and Bugeras.
As for buying new, I have yet to play the 6505+ combo, so I can't comment.

For your budget you can get something really nice used or something ok new.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I live a bit outside of Toronto.

Doesn't 15w of tube seem a little on a quiet side?
15w tube is plenty feckin' loud. I figure a Traynor YCV20 could do the trick for you, or maybe a Peavey Classic 20 or Classic 30, which would be cheaper usually. An OD pedal for a gain boost for higher gain stuff is worth consideration as well.
Trust us. A valve jr. would be loud enough. at 5 watts. Actually thats not a bad idea, what guitar do you have. You need the right pups to get the vj to sing right though.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_C-4XuXBzg
Just in case anyone wants to see the worst this guitar COULD sound.
Sorry ts. Had to.
haha
All in all I think that those pups have some potential. Could use hotter ones if you could afford it. Then again i have not played it.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Although I did not get to hear it, the other guys at work said that the boss's new Egnater Rebel 20 head sounded great. It has adjustable power too.

The best live guitar tone I've heard in ages was from a few Boss pedals through one of the Vox 1x12 modeling amps (placed at the player's feet, pointed at his head - it was lying almost on its back - he let the PA do the work). The best metal tone I've heard was from a high school kid with a Zoom digital box and a solid state Fender combo - he blew away the tones from the Marshalls and Mesas that the pros were using that night.
I'm not too knowledgeable on this topic, but...

For tube amps, do you have to change the tubes like once per year? If so, how much does this cost, and how do you maintain a tube amp?