So i was flipping through my stack of Guitar World magazines, and the January 2007 issue (one of my favorites) has a very nice cover with Dave Mustaine, Herman Lee, Mark Morton, etc. etc. on it, but the thing that is very eye catching is Mustaine's fretmarkers. i've looked high and low, but i can't for the life of my find the guitar he's holding in that picture. does anyone have any idea? i think those are the coolest fretmarks i've seen, so simple yet so metal.
wasn't he still playing the axion back then?

Or just switching from ESP to Dean?

also, delete one of these threads.
Quote by tourniquetman
So i was flipping through my stack of Guitar World magazines, and the January 2007 issue (one of my favorites) has a very nice cover with Dave Mustaine, Herman Lee, Mark Morton, etc. etc. on it, but the thing that is very eye catching is Mustaine's fretmarkers. i've looked high and low, but i can't for the life of my find the guitar he's holding in that picture. does anyone have any idea? i think those are the coolest fretmarks i've seen, so simple yet so metal.

Dean
It is the Axxion.. I remember him talking up his switch to ESP a alot, only to have such a short relationship with them..