i am a beginner and i've picked up the guitar and decided to learn it. but it seems that the guitar is very out of tune. the tuner i have appears to be malfunctioning or.. not, im not too sure, and i tried bringing in the guitar to have the strings replaced and the guy at the shop couldnt tune my guitar either.. so what do i do?
i think i should buy a new tuner but... iunno

thanks for any suggestions
what shop did you take it to? If it's not some type of instrument store they probably can't tune anyway.
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe the strings are old and aren't holding a note properly. That's usually how I know my strings are getting old, the note read by the tuner fluctuates.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
a music shop that can't tune a guitar? if i had a dollar for every time i've heard that...

i'd have a dollar
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Can you get it close? Sometimes with starter guitars (read: low quality tuners) you can hardly ever get it perfect. Or is it something fundamentally wrong?
Quote by Jhenri
what shop did you take it to? If it's not some type of instrument store they probably can't tune anyway.

where else is he gonna take it? a grocery?

try changing the strings
i went to the shop to change the strings too, then he tried to tune it, and it sounded even worse than before... but ill try some of ur suggestions, maybe its just the tuner problem
hell you would be amazed at where people think they can take, he might of tried to take it to walmart
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it might just be that the tuning pegs suck and wont hold the strings in place. also it could be your bridge pegs arent staying in...those things near the hole in the guitar that hold your strings in
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn Limited Edition Acoustic
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver