hey, okay i have a vox ac15cc1x so it has the blue speaker and it sounds amazing. i also use a boss ds-1 for distortion. okay so i play stuff like jimi hendrix, santana, pink floyd, led zep and stevie ray vaughan. the amp works great for all that kinda stuff. but i also wanna play stuff like steve vai, joe satriani and van halen. sooo obviously my amp and distortion pedal i have are no good for that. what should i do? price wise idm, i'll save if i have to but i don't have much money so yehh. should i look at getting another amp, selling this amp i have or just getting some pedals for now? if so what amp would you suggest or what pedals? kk thanks guys!!!!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Limited Edition
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
If you're happy with your sound, try some pedals. But, if not, save up for a good amp.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
okay thanks. but i'm still unsure of what pedals to get then? or what amp? i was thinking about a H&K triamp? they're expansive i know. but does anyone know if that would be any good for what i'm after? but i'd rather just get pedals cause i can't afford that right now.
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Sounds to me like you've answered your own question right at the start:
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
hey, okay i have a vox ac15cc1x so it has the blue speaker and it sounds amazing.

Don't fix what's not broken
Pedal wise it might be worth looking into a good overdrive or something. Generally accepted good ones are Tubescreamers & Boss SD-2 (I think that's the model number..) But there are a few options really. If you specifically want distortion then you could look at Keeley Modded MT-2 or something. Look at: http://www.youtube.com/user/proguitarshopdemos?blend=1&ob=4 there's some pretty cool pedals on there.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by wongacaster
Get a triamp, just cause i want one.
And it'll do the sounds you're after.

hahaha! hopefully i will one day once i save up so money then
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Quote by SimplyBen
Sounds to me like you've answered your own question right at the start:

Don't fix what's not broken
Pedal wise it might be worth looking into a good overdrive or something. Generally accepted good ones are Tubescreamers & Boss SD-2 (I think that's the model number..) But there are a few options really. If you specifically want distortion then you could look at Keeley Modded MT-2 or something. Look at: http://www.youtube.com/user/proguitarshopdemos?blend=1&ob=4 there's some pretty cool pedals on there.

thanks so much for your help dude! cheers man
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
but there's just something that doesn't quite feel right about having a really heavy distortion pedal with an amp that is totally opposite in sound on it's own. idk. will a H&K triamp do both sounds i'm after or just the high gain stuff (steve vai, van halen)?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
but there's just something that doesn't quite feel right about having a really heavy distortion pedal with an amp that is totally opposite in sound on it's own. idk. will a H&K triamp do both sounds i'm after or just the high gain stuff (steve vai, van halen)?

Hmm, I've got no experience with H&K at all so I can't answer that one. I will say though, take your amp down to a guitar store and play through shit loads of pedals and decide what you want. You might be able to get the tone your after for muuuuchh less than buying the H&K. Even if you buy an EQ and a Distortion/OD it's still not as much as an amp

You might also find that you love the H&K for the stuff your looking to play but it's not as good as the Vox for the stuff you play that the Vox is amazing for. This brings me to your OTHER & MORE AWESOME option

Save for the H&K and then A/B it with the Vox, so you have a nice versatile rig and, 2 amps are better than one
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Hmm, I've got no experience with H&K at all so I can't answer that one. I will say though, take your amp down to a guitar store and play through shit loads of pedals and decide what you want. You might be able to get the tone your after for muuuuchh less than buying the H&K. Even if you buy an EQ and a Distortion/OD it's still not as much as an amp

You might also find that you love the H&K for the stuff your looking to play but it's not as good as the Vox for the stuff you play that the Vox is amazing for. This brings me to your OTHER & MORE AWESOME option

Save for the H&K and then A/B it with the Vox, so you have a nice versatile rig and, 2 amps are better than one

haha sounds good! alright thanks so much man for all your help!!!!
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box