I installed a Shadow SH124 killpot on my guitar, and upon putting everything back, a few wires came undone. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
the white from the neck, the "ground" from the tone, and the drain wires/the tremclaw ground all got disconnected. Please help!
thanks!
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
I installed a Shadow SH124 killpot on my guitar, and upon putting everything back, a few wires came undone. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
the white from the neck, the "ground" from the tone, and the drain wires/the tremclaw ground all got disconnected. Please help!
thanks!
"My guitar" is not enough info. "OTAX VLX91" in the title suggests to me this is an Ibanez. That's the designation printed on one of the selector switches. But make alone doesn't give enough information for me to help you. I need the model number. Approximate year it was built would help, but might not be necessary.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
its a 1991 Heartfield Talon II (I've tried rewiring according to the Jem 777 diagram now, , the whole thing is a mess, I'll just get a fender 5-way switch if I can't get this worked out)
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
this is a disaster... I get a buzzing every time I touch the pots.
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
its a 1991 Heartfield Talon II (I've tried rewiring according to the Jem 777 diagram now, , the whole thing is a mess, I'll just get a fender 5-way switch if I can't get this worked out)
Okay. That gives us a starting point.

The Jem 777 uses diMarzio pickups. Are the pickups you're using diMarzios?

Quote by jeffc313
this is a disaster... I get a buzzing every time I touch the pots.
touching the case of the pots should quiet any buzzing you have, not make it worse.
Maybe you have the tip and sleeve wires of the output jack reversed?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
That happened to my S540, the buzzing whenever I touched the tone pot only. Turns out I'd forgotten to attach a ground wire to the back of the pot.