So they are thinking about raising the legal drinking age in Australia.

Page 1 of 7
Right now you can drink when you turn 18, here but they are considering raising it to 21 which i think is a load of BS. The reason behind this move is the goverment are
concerned about the amount of alcohol related violence.
Get hammered while you can bruah.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by severed-metal
Won't stop regardless, it will just make more alchohol related violences illegal...

More so.

it's a slow day for me, so I'll just go with this guy.
Its simple really:

show me yours, and I'll show you MINE
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Get hammered while you can bruah.

Well it doesnt really affect me because iam 21 now.
Ahh, I know how you feel, Im going to be 18 next year and Im just dreading it if they raise it to 21 in England as well.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by acoustielectric
drinking itself should be illegal anywhere. it's stupid and pointless.

False.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
And how many people younger than 18 still drink?
Useless law change is useless.

True.
won't stop me, won't stop the rest of the under age kiddies

'nuff said

they tried the alco-pops tax and that didn't work, what makes them think that this will?
It's pointless. Why do you wanna drink anyways? it's reverse psychology! You can't have it, so you instantly wanna try it. I think it's stupid, I'd prefer to have soda.
Quote by acoustielectric

Don't be ridiculous.
Quote by acoustielectric

Why?
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Scoff
It's pointless. Why do you wanna drink anyways? it's reverse psychology! You can't have it, so you instantly wanna try it. I think it's stupid, I'd prefer to have soda.

YES!
The 2am lock-out they've implemented is a failure. So I'm sure this will just blow up in their faces as well....
Quote by Stoney93
won't stop me, won't stop the rest of the under age kiddies

'nuff said

they tried the alco-pops tax and that didn't work, what makes them think that this will?

Yeah that alco-pop tax was stupid, everybody just switched to drinking spirits.
This is useless. People will keep drinking anyway, this will just turn them into criminals. The legal drinking age in Sweden is 20, but in bars and restaurants it's 18, which makes no sense at all.
Quote by acoustielectric
some people have lives

Spoken by someone who has clearly never been wasted
Quote by acoustielectric
some people have lives

Oh, shut up. Not drinking does not make you a better person than someone who does drink.
Quote by readyellow
The 2am lock-out they've implemented is a failure. So I'm sure this will just blow up in their faces as well....

Yeah it sure is a big failure.
Quote by nigeltheginger
Get wasted.... duh

Exactly
It's easier to interact with people you don't know very well, which will make you get more friends, etc.
At the age of 18 you are considerd and adult right.
so you should be able to put whatever you want in you're system.

Thats why find the US drinking age weird

21.to drink
18.get a gun/Join Army
16.get a car
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Chromex
This is useless. People will keep drinking anyway, this will just turn them into criminals. The legal drinking age in Sweden is 20, but in bars and restaurants it's 18, which makes no sense at all.
I think culture has something to do with that. Here in American, people drink to get wasted, it's apparently "cool". In Sweden, they drink to like, have fun, not to purposely get drunk.
Quote by acoustielectric
some people have lives

So going out on a weekend with your mates and having a few pints is not having a life?
Quote by Chromex
Oh, shut up. Not drinking does not make you a better person than someone who does drink.

I don't remember saying it does
Quote by acoustielectric
Stop Telling Me It's Not Pointless To Drink Without Giving Me A Point To Drink People!

Because people like it. People sometimes like the taste of the drink. Some people like the experience of being drunk. Now stop being such a twat.
Quote by acoustielectric
Stop Telling Me It's Not Pointless To Drink Without Giving Me A Point To Drink People!

People drink because they enjoy it.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Because people like it. People sometimes like the taste of the drink. Some people like the experience of being drunk. Now stop being such a twat.

What's so great about getting drunk? Getting arrested maybe and losing a few I.Q. points?
Quote by acoustielectric
I don't remember saying it does

No, but that's what you're acting like. "Oh, I despise drinking so much, let's ban it so everyone has to conform to my superior opinion"
Quote by Chromex

I think thats cause when you go out drinking in bars/Pubs/Restaurants you wont get outrageously drunk,compared to if you buy a liter of whiskey and just down it.
at home whit friends etc,in public places you will have guards/staff/owners looking after you if you happened to get FUBAR ,they call the police/ambulance.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by acoustielectric
What's so great about getting drunk? Getting arrested maybe and losing a few I.Q. points?

Some people like it. I don't get drunk anymore. People tend to like the happiness they feel when they are drunk. Stop being so "high and mighty". You're not clever.