When i play guitar ussually after i switch from my neck(treble) pickup to my bridge(Rhythm) pickup on my Epiphone les paul custom my bridge pickup will sound really weak even when im on overdrive 2 on my marshall. It would sound as if i had my amp on a weak crunch setting but when i switch back to my neck pickup that sounds perfectly fine.

This has been happening quite often recently and im sick of it so im thinking of changing to seymour duncans.

Why does this keep on happening.

Help.
Quote by batuhanbatuhan
When i play guitar ussually after i switch from my neck(treble) pickup to my bridge(Rhythm) pickup on my Epiphone les paul custom my bridge pickup will sound really weak even when im on overdrive 2 on my marshall. It would sound as if i had my amp on a weak crunch setting but when i switch back to my neck pickup that sounds perfectly fine.

This has been happening quite often recently and im sick of it so im thinking of changing to seymour duncans.

Why does this keep on happening.

Help.

well im pretty darn sure that the treble is the bride pickup...and that would mean that your neck pickup is the problem one, and there really is no problem just neck pickups are warmer, thicker, and smoother then the one in your bridge i hope i helped
Rig: dean razorback 10k, jackson dinky DKMG, dano 1960 silvertone...Randall Rh150
The switch is dirty most likely! This can be fixed for under $10. Just buy some contact cleaner from Radio Shack, Source, Active Components etc. Take the rear cover off behind the switch plate and place a rag around the toglle handle on the other side to catch what ever drips out. Spray contact cleaner onto the switch leaves and work the switch back and forth several times, repeat as necessary. Should be fine after that.
Moving on.....
Also is that a marshall MG like I would guess it is? That could add to your tone problem
Check the pickup height.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Absolutely nothing wrong with the pickups - it's either a dirty/broken switch or mismatched pickup heights.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
definatly the switch, it`s a common fault and i usually see atleast 1 thread a week regarding the selector switch on epi LPs....

almost as common as what guitar should i get threads.

open it up spray the switch with contact cleaner(servisol) or compressed air, check the wiring and resolder if necessary.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 8, 2009,